none
configuring HIS 2013 R2 for Biztalk connectivity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am working on HIS 2013 R2 Microsoft SNA manager configuration. I need help to understand, what exactly do I need to configure to make BizTalk to access files at mainframe system. I have already configured the Link service and connections tab. What else do I need to configure and how can I test the connectivity with BizTalk to make sure its working fine.

Any help will be great !

Thanks,

Chandra Kumar

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 5:55 PM

Answers

• I resolved this issue , it was cause by UDP port was not open bi directional on firewall.

Thanks,

Chandra

• Marked as answer by Chandra Kumar Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:56 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:56 PM

All replies

• HI Chandra Shekhar Kumar,

Host Integration Server 2013 includes multiple data clients and one data service. The data clients connect to remote IBM DB2 databases, IBM Informix databases, and IBM host file systems. The data server connects remote IBM clients to Microsoft SQL Server. The data clients support a set of data providers (ADO.NET, OLE DB, and ODBC), data adapters (BizTalk), and tools (HIS Data Access Tool and VS Data Designers).

This explain how HIS fits in with Biztalk Server:

How does HIS fit in with Biztalk Server

Learn the integration plan: What is HIS 2013

Have a good day.

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, June 4, 2016 3:30 AM
  • Hi Angie, I successfully configured the HIS , when I am starting this is giving error .

RTP connection has timed-out
      Connection name  = @R000001
      COS              = CPSVCMG 
      Remote node name = CD1VTAM 
      Local TCID       = 00000000 01000a77 
      Remote TCID      = 80000000 00000000  

Effect:
     The node will attempt to path-switch

Action:
     Investigate the cause of the error

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 1:43 PM
  • I resolved this issue , it was cause by UDP port was not open bi directional on firewall.

Thanks,

Chandra

• Marked as answer by Chandra Kumar Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:56 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:56 PM