none
Windows Embedded compact on Pandaboard RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

I am building a web controlled device which needs to stream video (24fps frame rate) over wifi. I am looking into the following boards

Beagleboard XM

Pandaboard ES

Gumstix Overo Fire

I know there are BSPs for gumstix and Beagleboard but i couldnt find a reference BSP for Pandaboard ES? Am i missing something here? 

if you need more info regarding the project please let me know.

Sam

Sunday, June 10, 2012 4:21 PM

All replies

• Contact TI representative to get the details.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Monday, June 11, 2012 5:21 AM
  • Hey Misbah,

you mean to contact pandaboard? I have been only cloning BSP not creating one from scratch. I thought the BSPs should be available for the pandaboard as it has been in the market for a year.

Sam

Monday, June 11, 2012 3:03 PM
  • Pandaboard is TI's (Texas Instrument) partner. You can contact either of them to see if they provide a reference BSP for that, or a third party is there who can provide you the reference BSP.

AFAIK BSP for "Beagleboard" and "TI evm" is available, but i am not sure about the availability of WinCE BSP for Pandaboard (although linux BSP is available )

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

• Proposed as answer by Misbah Khan Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:40 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:33 AM
  • Hello, have you found a solution for using Windows Embedded Compact on the Pandaboard?
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:42 AM
  • hello, have you found the solution?  I want to do this also. 
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:34 AM
  • Posting to a thread that hasn't been active in almost 2 years almost never gets the response that you are looking for - especially when the original poster hasn't been active since the thread died.

I suspect that you have already done your homework and know that there isn't a BSP publicly available.   I further suspect that you have either contacted Pandaboard and/or TI, or you wouldn't have posted - So what were your results?

Of course, if you continue to Google, you might discover that Adeneo does have a BSP for reference OMAP 4 processor boards, so with some work you could probably port to the Pandaboard.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:01 PM