none
[MS-DRSR] schema signature RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

According to the documentation, the "native" (v10) reply from GetNCChange add the schemainfo attribute at the end of the prefix table.

If it is missing, the client call is supposed to fail

However, the tests shows that this behavior is valid only on V10 output and not on the V8 version.

Moreover, there are functions used to translate native (v10) calls to v8 ones. And prefix translation functions seems to reference the signature of the schema () without actually using it.

1) can you confirm the behavior related to the V8 version (absence of schema signature)

2) it is normal that the schema signature is reference in AbstractPTFromConcretePT and in ConcretePTFromAbstractPT without using them ?

regards,

Vincent LE TOUX

Monday, September 4, 2017 12:38 PM

Answers

• Vincent,
    To close the loop, this is a summary of our response. I have logged a document bug and any related change will appear in a future update of MS-DRSR.
    Regarding 1),
    The code checks whether DRS Schema Info is supported on the remote, which ends up being a check for bit DRS_EXT_POST_BETA3 on the binding bits the partner sent.  In that case, it strips the schema info from the prefix table, if it was piggybacked on the reply, before sending it to the caller.
    So, if the DRSGetNCChanges sets the bit from the partner, we will strip the schema info, regardless of the version of the reply structure we use. And if that bit is not set from the partner, we will not strip, regardless of the version of the reply structure we use.
    Regarding 2),
    I have suggested in the document bug that the unused schemaSignature definition is cleaned up from the two pseudo-codes.
    It’s not really used or useful to have “schemaSignature: sequence of BYTE”.
    5.1         AbstractPTFromConcretePT
    5.28       ConcretePTFromAbstractPT
    Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.
    Regards,
    Edgar
    Saturday, September 16, 2017 4:02 AM

All replies

• Hello Vincent Le Toux,
    Thank you for your inquiry about MS-DRSR open specification. We have created an incident for investigating this issue. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Monday, September 4, 2017 1:57 PM
  • Vincent,

I am investigating this and will follow-up as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,

Edgar

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 10:02 PM
  • Vincent,
    To close the loop, this is a summary of our response. I have logged a document bug and any related change will appear in a future update of MS-DRSR.
    Regarding 1),
    The code checks whether DRS Schema Info is supported on the remote, which ends up being a check for bit DRS_EXT_POST_BETA3 on the binding bits the partner sent.  In that case, it strips the schema info from the prefix table, if it was piggybacked on the reply, before sending it to the caller.
    So, if the DRSGetNCChanges sets the bit from the partner, we will strip the schema info, regardless of the version of the reply structure we use. And if that bit is not set from the partner, we will not strip, regardless of the version of the reply structure we use.
    Regarding 2),
    I have suggested in the document bug that the unused schemaSignature definition is cleaned up from the two pseudo-codes.
    It’s not really used or useful to have “schemaSignature: sequence of BYTE”.
    5.1         AbstractPTFromConcretePT
    5.28       ConcretePTFromAbstractPT
    Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.
    Regards,
    Edgar
    Saturday, September 16, 2017 4:02 AM