none
Insert a grafic from TimeLineexport to a "Picture content control" in Word RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I implement a MS-Project Add-In with vb.net.

In MS-Project it is possible to copy a timeline-grafic with the Statement "TimeLinexport" to the clipboard.

My question is: How can I now insert this grafic in the clipboad to a Picture Content control in MS-Word?

Thank you!

Michael

• Moved by Yang,Chenfei Monday, December 30, 2013 2:07 AM Mvoe to Word for Developers Forum
    Friday, December 27, 2013 9:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, The TimeLinexport function copy TimeLine chart to clipboard, The picture content control need to add image only form disk. And the Picture content control in word isn’t support any API or interface to insert clipboard bitmap.

You could refer to the link below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.interop.word.inlineshapes.addpicture(v=office.11)

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Monday, January 6, 2014 2:17 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:51 AM

All replies

• Not having Microsoft Project or Microsoft Word I can only provide some links that may or may not be able to assist you.

Project 2010 and Project Server 2010

Project for developers

I would guess you can programmatically perform the operation below from this link.

"Applying the Timeline View to multiple projects or programs

If you are managing multiple projects within a program or a portfolio, you'll find the Copy Timeline feature useful when reporting status. After you click the Copy Timeline button, you can paste it into an email, presentation, or other document. In a program, there are often dependencies between projects. By copying each timeline into a PowerPoint slide, additional dependencies can be drawn between milestones."

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

• Edited by Mr. Monkeyboy Saturday, December 28, 2013 1:59 PM 5555
    Saturday, December 28, 2013 3:09 AM
  • Hi All,

I am afraid that here is not the correct forum for this issue. I will move this thread to Word for Developers. Where you can contact many experts about Word Development.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, December 30, 2013 2:06 AM
  • Hi,
    Based on my understanding, you want to copy the TimeLine graphic into word document.You could use the TimeLineExport method to copy an image of the active Timeline view to the Clipboard, for pasting into Word application.
    Here is a sample code for your reference:
    Application.TimelineExport()
    Dim wordApp As New Word.Application()
    wordApp.Visible = True
    Dim Doc As Word.Document = wordApp.Documents.Add()
    wordApp.Selection.Select()
    wordApp.Selection.Paste()

Regards,

Monday, December 30, 2013 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for the sample code, but I do not insert the grafic in the clipboard to a normal text in Word.

I want to insert the grafic in the clipboard to a "Picture Content control".

If I try to record the insert setp's by Word, ther are no recorded steps in the macro-Recorder.

Thank you for a hint!

Regards

Michael

Monday, December 30, 2013 11:52 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, The TimeLinexport function copy TimeLine chart to clipboard, The picture content control need to add image only form disk. And the Picture content control in word isn’t support any API or interface to insert clipboard bitmap.

You could refer to the link below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.interop.word.inlineshapes.addpicture(v=office.11)

Regards,

• Marked as answer by Marvin_Guo Monday, January 6, 2014 2:17 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:51 AM