Create column like Predecessor for sharepoint 2010 List/ Task/ Custom Task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Can we add new column in sharepoint 2010 List/ Task/ Custom List which work like Predecessor ?
    I have seen one site which has paid solution but there i have seen one screenshot but don't know if we want to create that Predecessor type column (in that screen shot it's Trainer & Topic) how we can do (visual studio / sharepoint designer / direct lookup from sharepoint) ?

Link where i have seen such:
    http://store.dotnetnuke.com/home/product-details/sharepoint-employee-training-management-site-template
    [Note: Fine the Text : Organizers can create and manage in that page, below that text the image has such layout]

Please guide me the link / video / reference if anyone know.

Thanks & Regards, Brijesh Shah

Thursday, April 5, 2012 12:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Brijesh,

The Processors column is a lookup column that look up the Task list itself, and show the Title field by default, you can go the Task list List Settings page, under Columns part, choose the column to check the configuration information.

To create a column like this, you can add a look up column choose the list to look up, check Allow multiple values, and choose a column to display, if the list that looked up has value, it will be shown in the look up field when new/edit the form.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Brijesh Shah Monday, April 9, 2012 4:20 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2012 2:55 AM

All replies

• The standard Task list already containc Predecessor column:

Predecessor

The same can be achieved on any other list type by using lookup columns.

Sasa Tomicic
    MCPD: Shpt Dev 2010, MCITP: Shpt Admin 2010, MCPD: Win Dev 4
    My blog: Share(d)Point of View

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 5, 2012 12:48 PM
  • Hi Sasa,

Thanks for your answer...
    But now I have tried that LookUp Column and It gives me like Dropdown box attached here the screen...

Can you tell me how can i make the view same like we are getting in Task Template -- Predecessors ? I Don't know how to make this UI.

And yes, Thanks to MSDN Forum to Provide the Image Inserting Feature which really make help to pass more information to the Group...

Thanks & Regards, Brijesh Shah

Friday, April 6, 2012 4:49 AM
  • Hi Brijesh,

The Processors column is a lookup column that look up the Task list itself, and show the Title field by default, you can go the Task list List Settings page, under Columns part, choose the column to check the configuration information.

To create a column like this, you can add a look up column choose the list to look up, check Allow multiple values, and choose a column to display, if the list that looked up has value, it will be shown in the look up field when new/edit the form.

Thanks,
    Qiao

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Brijesh Shah Monday, April 9, 2012 4:20 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2012 2:55 AM