2D library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to find a 2D physics library to aid 2D game making. Well why not farseer? I dont have or want Blend in any shape or form and the ides of using User Controls as graphics  is just as unappealing.

Making games requires good graphics like they do in flash games. I have my graphics pre-made by an artist who uses photoshop and I use png files.

Is there any for silverlight?

Saturday, September 18, 2010 1:04 AM

All replies

• well... using UserControl as graphics is perhaps unappealing for you, but that's the right way to do it with SL...

And to program SL or WPF, the best tool is Blend. If you don't "like" it (but why ?) you'll be able to program, but using the painfull way...

So the first thing to do, IMHO, is to ask to yourself if it is not a better choice to use another technology because, either using Blend or UserControl as graphics are the way to work with SL... 

Sunday, September 19, 2010 5:46 PM
  • I like silverlight a lot .

I have some issues about its current capabilities of 3D and 2D whcih I hope can be fixed if it is to compete with Flash.

The golden rule is users dont care what technology you use . What is the obsession with Blend? User controls and extra add-ons slow things down and is there a need to have fancy user controls anyway? Images look better and can be programmed with a little effort to work . Basic works best IMHO.

>>UserControl as graphics is perhaps unappealing for you......

Wrong, it is unappealing for many users if they are have used Flash. We shouldnt be going out to work within silverlights framework but rather Silverlight should provide a framework we can work with.

Sunday, September 26, 2010 1:43 AM
  • I have the same question,looking for answer.Anyone could help?

Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:00 AM