Issues using HostType("Moles") and Enterprise Library 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• It gives exception (details given below), when i debug this test. It stops on a line where its trying to log something using EL 5.0 in SoftDeleteActionValidatior

However if I comment out/remove [HostType("Moles")] then it just works fine. So that shows that somehow Moles is not working with EL 5.0. Please help in resolving this issue. I am using 94.51006.1 version of Pex and Moles.

My Test Method:

namespace MockUnitTests.DataRetentionTest
    {
        [TestClass]
        public class SoftDeleteActionValidatiorTest
        {
            [TestMethod]
            [HostType("Moles")]
            public void TestMethod1()
            {
                SoftDeleteActionValidatior softDeleteActionValidatior = new SoftDeleteActionValidatior(new List<RRLAssignment>());
            }
        }
    }

Exception:

Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ActivationException occurred

Message=Activation error occured while trying to get instance of type LogWriter, key ""

Source=Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation

StackTrace:

at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)

at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance[TService]()

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Logger.get_Writer()

at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Tracer..ctor(String operation)

at Deloitte.Oim.GlobalRisk.Drms.Domain.ProcessManagement.CaseProcessFactory.Create() in C:\Projects2010\DRMS\DRMS\Dev\DRMS3.0\Application\Domain\ProcessManagement\CaseProcessFactory.cs:line 22

InnerException: Microsoft.Practices.Unity.ResolutionFailedException

Message=Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.LogWriter", name = "(none)".

Exception occurred while: while resolving.

Exception is: InvalidOperationException - The type LogWriter cannot be constructed. You must configure the container to supply this value.

-----------------------------------------------

At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.LogWriter,(none)

Source=Microsoft.Practices.Unity

TypeRequested=LogWriter

StackTrace:

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.Resolve(Type t, String name, ResolverOverride[] resolverOverrides)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityServiceLocator.DoGetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)

at Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)

InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException

Message=The type LogWriter cannot be constructed. You must configure the container to supply this value.

Source=Microsoft.Practices.Unity

StackTrace:

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.GuardTypeIsNonPrimitive(IBuilderContext context, SelectedConstructor selectedConstructor)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodConstructorStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.DynamicMethodBuildPlanCreatorPolicy.CreatePlan(IBuilderContext context, NamedTypeBuildKey buildKey)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context)

at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides)

InnerException: 

Friday, February 25, 2011 2:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• I get this same message, but I thought it was because I had the EL stuff in the GAC.
    Friday, February 25, 2011 3:55 PM
  • The issue might be due to the fact that the Moles host does not support the test configuration file currently. I suspect EL heavily relies on the .config file.
    Jonathan "Peli" de Halleux - Try Pex online at www.pexforfun.com!
    Friday, February 25, 2011 6:58 PM
  • I'll mole System.Configuration and make it return a typeRegistrationProvidersConfiguration section (which is what is used to fix normal apps when EL is in the GAC per - http://entlib.codeplex.com/workitem/26903).

If that works then yes, that's exactly it.

Would be nice if Moles would support the test app config file.

Friday, February 25, 2011 8:22 PM
  • Uday,

Please refer this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/is/pex/thread/9b4b9ec5-582c-41e8-8b9c-1bb9457ba3f6

It has some code that will give some idea about what is suggested by Peter below.

Solution in the thread mentioned above worked for me.

• Marked as answer by Uday Chavda Wednesday, March 2, 2011 7:16 AM
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 2:57 PM
  • Thanks vinmacji,

This solved my problem. Now my tests (using Moles host) is working fine.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 7:22 AM
  • Has there been a fix to Moles?  It would be nice for things to just work instead of having to add these "fixes".

Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:34 PM