none
BizTalk support on EDIFACT for Postal Transactions RRS feed

• Question

• We are in a need of understanding the capability of BizTalk on EDIFACT for postal transactions.

We need to understand whether the following postal EDIFACT transactions are supported by BizTalk. 1. PREDES 2. PRECON 3. CARDIT 4. RESDIT 5. RESCON 6. RESDES 7. EMSEVT 8.ITMATT

Please Help.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 4:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, BizTalk supports EDIFACT.

PREDES is not an EDIFACT message though. It uses the EDIFACT message IFCSUM and is a subset of this message. You'll need to find the correct EDIFACT messages to use for each transaction. You can find the schemas here:

https://github.com/Microsoft/Integration/tree/master/BizTalk%20Server/Schema/EDIFACT

Br,
    Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Proposed as answer by Leo Erlandsson Wednesday, April 18, 2018 6:22 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 6:22 AM
  • Thanks Leo for the response.

Could you please help on where we can find the right EDIFACT for other messages like PRECON , CARDIT , RESDIT , RESCON , RESDES ,EMSEVT , ITMATT similar to PREDES which is IFCSUM.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:33 AM
  • Hi,

The partner you're integrating with should be able to provide you with these. Often, they also have specialized messages.

I guess your partner is a Postal Service or Carrier? You should ask them for their specific specs.

Br,

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:12 AM
  • Thank you Leo for the help.
    Friday, April 20, 2018 12:00 PM