SQL Server Database Connection RRS feed

• Question

• I posted this question before, but my post was deleted before I got an answer.  So, I'll try again.

I have a SQL 2000 database that I access from a web server (IIS)  running on a Windows 2000 Server.  Now that I moved both web pages (ASP) and database to a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition it no longer makes a database connection.  I still have a copy of the web pages on my Windows 2000 server and it opens a connection on the SQL 2000 database on the Windows 2003 Server, but not the Windows 2003 Server web pages . I tried both a direct connect and DSN but no dice.  I can use SQL Enterprise Manager (that's how I copied the database to the new server) just fine.  Just no web access.   I guess that there is some permissions or setting that I overlooked on the Windows 2003 Server?
    Sunday, January 8, 2006 1:48 PM

Answers

• While working with Windows 2003 Server, you need to change some settings in IIS.

In IIS, under webservice extensions node you have to select Active Server Pages and click the Allow button on left side.

Hope this works for you

Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:17 PM