Visual Studio Projects Not Showing FileVesion Leading Zeroes in File Properties RRS feed

• Question

• I created a simple Visual Studio 2013 windows form application setting the AssemblyInfo.cs file as show below.

// You can specify all the values or you can default the Build and Revision Numbers 
    // by using the '*' as shown below:
    // [assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.*")]
    [assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0227")]
    [assembly: AssemblyFileVersion("1.0.0.0227")]
    [assembly: AssemblyInformationalVersion("0.0.0.0227")]

I built the application and went to the Windows File Explorer and brought up the file properties. What I see is that the product version showing the leading zeros, but the file version field does not show the leading zeros.

It appears to be a bug either with Visual Studio or with Windows. Which one is it and is there a fix?

Friday, February 27, 2015 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Sarah,

We can't see the screenshot. Do you mean you use Windows Explorer to browse to the AssemblyInfo.cs file and check the property?

If you change the product version or the file version from the AssemblyInfo.cs file, you need to firstly rebuild the assembly, then if you go to the debug/release folder, check the property of the assembly file, the Details tab will show you the corresponding changes of these properties. It's the assembly property but not the cs file property.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Caillen Monday, March 9, 2015 7:11 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:33 AM