How to edit an image size?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an image that is 214 x 200px and I want to make it 157 x 148 px.  I have tried clicking to highlight then dragging it but i just cant get it right.  Is there a way just click to highlight it then then type the size I want it.
    I've searched the menu and cant seem to find a way.!
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 1:21 PM

Answers

• Robonhigh

there is in design 1 help pages a good help in design 2 it must be the same
    look for action  bar
    don t forget when using the action bar and you want to set your own px to klick the link icon so that you use your own settings
    there is more on the page but I just copied a bit

W and H  The W (width) and H (height) values control the size of the object. The W and H fields are typically linked together, so changing one value changes the other. You can turn the linking on or off by clicking the Link icon

• Proposed as answer by germaine1 Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lori DirksModerator Saturday, January 10, 2009 7:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:10 PM

All replies

• Robonhigh

there is in design 1 help pages a good help in design 2 it must be the same
    look for action  bar
    don t forget when using the action bar and you want to set your own px to klick the link icon so that you use your own settings
    there is more on the page but I just copied a bit

W and H  The W (width) and H (height) values control the size of the object. The W and H fields are typically linked together, so changing one value changes the other. You can turn the linking on or off by clicking the Link icon

• Proposed as answer by germaine1 Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lori DirksModerator Saturday, January 10, 2009 7:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:10 PM
  • Hmmm?
    157/214*100 ~ 73.3%

148/200*100 ~ 74%

As germaine1 says but I'd be tempted to use percentages while maintaining aspect ratios to avoid slightly stretching the image.
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:19 PM
  • Deebs I agree with you I mostly work in percentages
    greetings
    ps Deebs do you also have difficulties in IE7 to use the editor if you write an answer or a new thread
    here I only see a part of the editor very annoying as in firefox it seems to work normally
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:39 PM
  • I am quite taken by Chrome browser and giving it a bit of a try out.

I don't know if it is the way this machine is set up but it seems easy to get $0 entries that are only obvious under preview.
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:53 PM
  • Robonhigh,

Click on the widget on the far left side of the Action Bar; it looks like a gear. Make sure that Relative Transform is checked and that Scale as Percentages is not checked. (It is possible to have both options checked but you don't want this.) Now the values in the Height and Width boxes will be zero and you can click on each value box and type in a new value. Once you've entered a value and the image accepts the value, the value in the box will be set back to zero. Also, you'll probably want to click the link between the Height and Width value boxes so that value will work independently. If the link is locked the aspect ratio will apply.
    Annie
    Monday, January 5, 2009 6:09 AM
  • Germaine,

I have the problem you reported with Internet Explorer. Sometimes the Submit button gets stuck so low you can't press it and scrolling doesn't help. Very annoying. I haven't figured out what causes this yet but I suspect it has something to do with carriage returms in the edit box.
    Annie
    Monday, January 5, 2009 6:11 AM
  •  There appears to be two main behaviour patterns (as designed?):

1 - replying/contributing from posts read using dropdown triangle thingie
    and
    2 - clicking on the subject header to view the string 

Option 2 seems to allow Reply, Quote ... and so forth.

IE seems sweeter than Chrome as far as the forums go  
    Monday, January 5, 2009 9:59 PM