none
[EWS] What kinds of permission do we need to Execute Folder.Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a mailbox A, B & C, I plan to use C to assign B the owner permission to A's folder with EWS. Now C has the folder owner permission for all of A. But when I trying to assign B the owner permission to A's folder, I got error message when calling Folder.Update:

Access is denied. Check credentials and try again.

I have already add C to "Organization Management" & "Recipient Management" group, and in the Exchange Powershell Add-MailboxFolderPermission works well with cmdlet:

Add-MailBoxFolderPermission -Identity A:\Inbox -User B

The cmdlet prompt is started with C.

So I'd like to know what kinds of permission did Folder.Update required, please? Thanks.

Thanks

Justin

• Edited by 络绎 Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:51 AM
    Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:46 AM

All replies

• >>I have already add C to "Organization Management" & "Recipient Management" group, and in the Exchange Powershell Add-MailboxFolderPermission works well with cmdlet:

Because EWS is a Client Access API these delegated Admin permission have no context in the API.

I would suggest you give C Full access to the Mailbox A using Add-MailboxPermission that should then give it the correct security context with the mailbox to share the mailbox content.

Although using the Exchange Management Shell is a better option then EWS for this because it allows you to use Delegated RBAC Admin rights.

Cheers
    Glen

Thursday, August 30, 2018 11:08 PM