none
Error while upgrading from SQl server 2008 to SQL server 2008 r2

Question

• Hey guys,

I'm struggling to update an SQL Server 2008 to the 2008 R2 version.
    Whilst performing the Update to 2008 R2 install I get all the way down to the Reporting Services Authentication step where it tries to log into the Report Server Database but fails thus halting the entire install process.

Error : Check whether report server is correctly configured, the database server is running, and you have permissions to access the database.

Does anybody have any idea ?

Thanks !
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:39 AM

All replies

• Check whether report server is correctly configured, the database server is running, and you have permissions to access the database.
    My idea: Do what the message suggests, check the configuration of your current SQL Server 2008 Installation, if SSRS works as expected.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:52 AM
  • Thank you for supporting. Issue was with the server name .  Server name got changed but the reporting service name was still the old one. made the modification in configuration manager and it worked.
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 12:05 PM
  • Hi DJ_DBA,

Glad to hear that you have resolved the issue. Please make corresponding replies as answer as it would benefit others when they are reading this thread. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Bill Gətes Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:28 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:11 AM