HELP HELP ! SOS ! I can't pass the certification test from Windows App Certification Kit. RRS feed

• Question

• My app failed at these two points:

FAILED

App manifest

• Error Found: The app manifest test detected the following errors:
    • The contrast ratio of the background color and foreground text color is 1. This ratio should be greater than or equal to 1.5.Impact if not fixed: Apps that violate the Windows Store certification requirements can’t be submitted to the Windows Store.
    • How to fix: Metro style App manifest must include valid entries for all required fields, please modify the manifest entries listed above. See link below for more information:

FAILED

Bytecode generation

• Error Found: The bytecode generation test detected the following errors:
    • This package was deployed for development or authoring mode. Uninstall the package and re-install it normally.
    • Impact if not fixed:     As a performance optimization to accelerate JavaScript execution time, JavaScript files ending in the ".js" extension generate bytecode when the app is deployed. This optimization significantly improves start-up and ongoing execution times for JavaScript.  
    • How to fix: You may need consider one or more of these steps to fix the issue:
      - Ensure that event logging is enabled
      - All JavaScript files are syntactically valid; otherwise exclude the respective files from the package
      - Please note that you should uninstall all previous versions of the app before

That is it ! I used jQuery in case someone's wondering. Ok can anyone PLEASE give me any information on how I can actually fix these two "errors" ?

Friday, November 2, 2012 4:13 AM

Answers

• Here is a similar question with answer: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithhtml5/thread/45cf901e-c522-4484-94db-4d701a7d5dd2

As the errors imply, you might be running the Cert Kit against a version of the app that was deployed when you run the app directly from Visual Studio (ie: "deployed for development or authoring mode").

1) Uninstall the application from your local machine

2) Make sure you have the configuration dropdown in Visual Studio set to Release

3) Create the deployment package through the 'Store" menu.  Right click on the project, then Store -> Create App Package.

4) Follow the steps through the wizard.  When you reach the end, it will ask you if you want to run the Windows App Cert Kit. 

Friday, November 2, 2012 5:07 PM

All replies

• in the appxmanifest file.

My app's tile background color is #ffffff, and the foreground text is dark.

Splashscreen background color is #ffffff.

Friday, November 2, 2012 4:19 AM
  • OK now I only have 1 FAILED testing:

Which is """ Bytecode generation

- Error Found: The bytecode generation test detected the following errors:

This package was deployed for development or authoring mode. Uninstall the package and re-install it normally.

-Impact if not fixed:     As a performance optimization to accelerate JavaScript execution time, JavaScript files ending in the ".js" extension generate bytecode when the app is deployed. This optimization significantly improves start-up and ongoing execution times for JavaScript.  

-How to fix: You may need consider one or more of these steps to fix the issue:

Ensure that event logging is enabled

All JavaScript files are syntactically valid; otherwise exclude the respective files from the package

Please note that you should uninstall all previous versions of the app before deploying, Otherwise exclude the respective files from the package.

HELP, I do NOT know how to fix it.

Friday, November 2, 2012 6:22 AM
  • Here is a similar question with answer: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithhtml5/thread/45cf901e-c522-4484-94db-4d701a7d5dd2

As the errors imply, you might be running the Cert Kit against a version of the app that was deployed when you run the app directly from Visual Studio (ie: "deployed for development or authoring mode").

1) Uninstall the application from your local machine

2) Make sure you have the configuration dropdown in Visual Studio set to Release

3) Create the deployment package through the 'Store" menu.  Right click on the project, then Store -> Create App Package.

4) Follow the steps through the wizard.  When you reach the end, it will ask you if you want to run the Windows App Cert Kit. 

Friday, November 2, 2012 5:07 PM