none
What's new in Office Store validation policies Version 1.3? RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed the Office Store Validation policies were updated to version 1.3 last week.  I am fairly familiar with them but I was curious if someone could point out the highlights of what has changed?

Thanks,

Corey

Corey Roth - SharePoint Server MVP blog: www.dotnetmafia.com twitter: @coreyroth | SP2 Apps

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Corey,

Check out the bottom of the page which contains all the updates that have been made over time. Here's a copy from the validation policies page:

3.3 ADDED--Added policy 3.3 4.12 REVISED--Added that apps must support devices for Office 2013 and SharePoint 2013. 4.12 REVISED—Added supported operating systems, browsers and devices requirements information from validation guidelines FAQ. 5.7 REVISED--Clarified that apps must be secured with a valid and trusted SSL certificate (HTTPS). 5.8 ADDED--Added policy 5.8 7.12 REVISED--Added that this policy does not apply to dictionary apps.

Thanks,

Jes

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Corey,

Check out the bottom of the page which contains all the updates that have been made over time. Here's a copy from the validation policies page:

3.3 ADDED--Added policy 3.3 4.12 REVISED--Added that apps must support devices for Office 2013 and SharePoint 2013. 4.12 REVISED—Added supported operating systems, browsers and devices requirements information from validation guidelines FAQ. 5.7 REVISED--Clarified that apps must be secured with a valid and trusted SSL certificate (HTTPS). 5.8 ADDED--Added policy 5.8 7.12 REVISED--Added that this policy does not apply to dictionary apps.

Thanks,

Jes

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:40 PM
  • Thanks Jes.  Not sure how I missed that.  I guess it was pretty late when I was looking at it. :) Thanks.

Corey Roth - SharePoint Server MVP blog: www.dotnetmafia.com twitter: @coreyroth | SP2 Apps

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:21 PM