none
Problem with stopping EDI batching for a party RRS feed

• Question

• I have several parties configured for edi batching in Biztalk 2006 R2.  The batching works fine, but yesterday, I tried to turn the batching off for a particular party (I clicked the Stop button on the "Interchange Batch Creation" tab.  I've done this many times before without problems, but this time, nothing happened.  The message at the bottom reads "A control message is waiting to be processed"  It  has been like that for 14 hours ( and yes, I've been clicking the Refresh button from time to time.  All three buttons at the bottom are disabled ( Start, Override, and Start).  It appears that the batching is still on because a batch did get transmitted 2 hours later (I have the batching set for every 3 hours).  I've tried restarting the host instance, and there are no relevant entries in the event log.  Other messages have been processed in the same Biztalk group, so I know that there is no problem with communication with the database.  I hesitate to reboot the server at the moment because there are other critical non-biztalk processes that would be interrupted.  Has anyone encountered this before? 
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:37 PM

Answers

• Please check if the 'BatchControlMessageRecvLoc' receive location under 'BizTalk EDI Application' is running. This is the receive location that process the control message. If it is still running, restart it and stop/refresh the batch again..
    Genuine Basil
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:20 PM
  • You don't necessarily have to reboot the server, you can restart the host instance(s) you have on the BizTalk server.

Can you look in your suspended messages and see if the message that was created to override the batch setting is suspended for some reason?

Eric Stott [http://blog.biztalk-info.com] - Mark as Answer if this reply does.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:32 PM
  • Hi,

If the UI is showing "A control message is waiting to be processed", it means that the DB contains a control message which will send the end signal to the Batching Orchestration. Now, if the control message is not being processed for a long time, there can be two reasons for that 1) The system is under too much load and the control message is in the queue to be processed or 2) The BatchControl recieve location in EDI Application is either not enabled or if it is enabled, it is not polling the DB frequently enough. Could you please check the polling interval (BizTalk EDI Application -> ReceiveLocations -> BatchControlReceiveLocation -> General -> Configure), if that is too large, try changing the same.

Thanks,
    Upendra
    Friday, June 19, 2009 2:10 PM
  • I know this is an extremely old thread, but I thought it would be helpful to post the solution in case someone else encounters the same problem.  In the Biztalk EDI Application, there is a receive location called "BatchControlMessageRecvLoc" that somehow became disabled on my server.  Once I enabled this receive location, everything worked fine.
    • Marked as answer by mathgeekjoe Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:04 PM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:04 PM

All replies

• Is the Batching orchestration running? It is the orchestration that consumes those messages that are created by the admin console.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:17 PM
  • I have 3 parties with EDI batching enabled and 3 dehydrated orchestrations.  Nothing looks out of the ordinary to me.  I know that the orchestration is running because the batch from this party did get sent a couple of hours after I tried to stop the batching.   The reason I tried to stop the batching was to force the batch to be sent immediately instead of waiting for the schedule (every 3 hours).  Also, since then, a batch from one of the other parties was created, sent and a 997 received back, which tells me that Biztalk itself and the edi functionality seems to be working fine.

Is there any way that I can see if the "stop batching" message actually exists?   I suspect that what happened is that the "stop batching" message for some reason became corrupted.  Would it help to reboot the server where BTS resides or should I reboot the server where the database resides?

thanks.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:30 PM
  • You don't necessarily have to reboot the server, you can restart the host instance(s) you have on the BizTalk server.

Can you look in your suspended messages and see if the message that was created to override the batch setting is suspended for some reason?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:32 PM
  • Please check if the 'BatchControlMessageRecvLoc' receive location under 'BizTalk EDI Application' is running. This is the receive location that process the control message. If it is still running, restart it and stop/refresh the batch again..
    Genuine Basil
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:20 PM
  • Hi,

If the UI is showing "A control message is waiting to be processed", it means that the DB contains a control message which will send the end signal to the Batching Orchestration. Now, if the control message is not being processed for a long time, there can be two reasons for that 1) The system is under too much load and the control message is in the queue to be processed or 2) The BatchControl recieve location in EDI Application is either not enabled or if it is enabled, it is not polling the DB frequently enough. Could you please check the polling interval (BizTalk EDI Application -> ReceiveLocations -> BatchControlReceiveLocation -> General -> Configure), if that is too large, try changing the same.

Thanks,
    Upendra
    Friday, June 19, 2009 2:10 PM
  • I know this is an extremely old thread, but I thought it would be helpful to post the solution in case someone else encounters the same problem.  In the Biztalk EDI Application, there is a receive location called "BatchControlMessageRecvLoc" that somehow became disabled on my server.  Once I enabled this receive location, everything worked fine.
    • Marked as answer by mathgeekjoe Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:04 PM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:04 PM
  • Hi,

Iam facing the problem where my batching orchestration is going to stop or completely hung state automatically.

Hence the messages are suspending.

Thanks

Monday, August 22, 2016 11:58 AM
  • Hi Kranthikr,

If this is an issue you are facing,please open a new thread as this is very old thread

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, August 22, 2016 12:09 PM