.rdl file getting following error RRS feed

• Question

• I have getting error in my .rdl file which is bellowing...

The Group expression for the grouping ‘list1_user’ refers to the field ‘user’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope. 
    The SortExpression expression for the grouping ‘list1_user’ refers to the field ‘user’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope. 
    The SortExpression expression for the grouping ‘list1_user’ refers to the field ‘user’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope. 
    The Group expression for the grouping ‘matrix1_TimeMetricDisplay’ refers to the field ‘user’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope. 
    The SortExpression expression for the grouping ‘matrix1_TimeMetricDisplay’ refers to the field ‘user’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope. 
    The Group expression for the grouping ‘matrix1_full_name’ refers to the field ‘full_name’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope. 
    The Value expression for the text box ‘USERNAME’ refers to the field ‘full_name’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope. 
    The Value expression for the text box ‘AGENTTIME’ refers to the field ‘agent_time’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope. 
    The Value expression for the text box ‘user’ refers to the field ‘user’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope.

Provide me solution regarding it...

Monday, July 22, 2013 2:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try this link (expression dataset scope problem) - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc879331%28v=sql.100%29.aspx

sathya --------- Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful.

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:04 AM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Hi Renish,

Sometimes .rdl file wont update XML code properly behind the scenes. You might have added some tables or martix to your report and deleted later which XML code doesn't update the code properly. I suggest you please go to XML code view for the .rdl file and check the fields which are throwing error and try to remove or change it. And also you might have changed grouping naming conventions after creating the tables or matrix. Please check all the fields are properly pointing to the new naming group. I hope, this solves. Otherwise still if you have the error,please post the exact error with screen shot. We can figure it out :)

Maruthi...

Monday, July 22, 2013 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try this link (expression dataset scope problem) - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc879331%28v=sql.100%29.aspx

sathya --------- Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful.

Monday, July 22, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Hi Renish,

Sometimes .rdl file wont update XML code properly behind the scenes. You might have added some tables or martix to your report and deleted later which XML code doesn't update the code properly. I suggest you please go to XML code view for the .rdl file and check the fields which are throwing error and try to remove or change it. And also you might have changed grouping naming conventions after creating the tables or matrix. Please check all the fields are properly pointing to the new naming group. I hope, this solves. Otherwise still if you have the error,please post the exact error with screen shot. We can figure it out :)

Maruthi...

Monday, July 22, 2013 3:26 PM