Deploying Crystal Reports to Azure RRS feed

• Question

• User412759373 posted

I'm new to VS and Azure, I've created an application in VS15 and have deployed it to Azure, the application was not created as a cloud app. I need to deploy Crystal Reports for Visual Studio runtime, I've followed the example here http://www.britishdeveloper.co.uk/2012/01/crystal-reports-on-azure-how-to.html I'm supposed to edit my ServiceDefinition.csdef file like this

<WebRole name="Web" vmsize="Small"> ... <Startup> <Task commandLine="StartUp.cmd" executionContext="elevated" taskType="background" /> </Startup> </WebRole>

The problem is there is no ServiceDefinition.csdef in my project, should it have been created with the project / build? How do I create one and where in the project is it supposed to be created?

Thanks

Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:42 PM

Answers

• User587237524 posted

Hi Pansula14,

The ServiceDefinition.csdef contains the definitions for the roles that are available to a cloud service project. I assume you are not using Cloud Service, so there is no such file. 

Please create a new Cloud Service project and port your code to it, you will see that file in project.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 22, 2016 5:53 AM

All replies

• User587237524 posted

Hi Pansula14,

The ServiceDefinition.csdef contains the definitions for the roles that are available to a cloud service project. I assume you are not using Cloud Service, so there is no such file. 

Please create a new Cloud Service project and port your code to it, you will see that file in project.

Regards,

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 22, 2016 5:53 AM
  • User412759373 posted

Hi. I converted my project to cloud service and got the file. Thank you

Monday, April 25, 2016 9:51 PM