How do you update an app during the submission process? RRS feed

• Question

• How do you update an app during the submission process?  Current state of the add is 'Progressing certification' which its been in since 30 July.

The old portal had a 'delete submission' option which I cannot find on the new portal, where is it?

Is their an app update option, or can this only be done once an app is published?

Rob www.engineersnetwork.net

Thursday, August 9, 2012 10:52 AM

All replies

• I believe the app would have to complete certification, then you can issue an update.  Besides, what if they find other issues during certification?  Don't you want a chance to fix those before submitting an update?
    • Proposed as answer by palash.biswas Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:02 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 11:25 AM
  • I agree with your fix timing point, our app generates detailed crash reports that we receive so we can see if anything critical happens, so we can respond.  It would be nice to have the option to fix faults we know exist, especially with the protracted turn around time. The other arguement against not applying an update is that we are heading towards week 3 of the certifcation process!  I hope the update process is less tardy.

Rob www.engineersnetwork.net

Thursday, August 9, 2012 12:33 PM
  • I'm having the same problem.

4 days ago, I submitted my first app to public marketplace. It is still in certification process. But a beta tester has found a annoying bug that will affect 50% of the users, and I have fixed it and want to submit the new xap package as soon as possible.

A 'delete submission' option would be nice. I don't want to wait 2~3 more weeks for the certification of a faulty xap package (I submitted a beta app 12 days ago and it is still stuck at the step "Signing passed" even after I contacted support 5 days ago).

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:23 AM
  • Yes, Steve has rightly stated that '... app would have to complete certification, then you can issue an update. ...'.

'... Current state of the add is 'Progressing certification' which its been in since 30 July. ...' - could you please provice the app id - we will look into it.

thanks, palash biswas [MSFT]

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:05 PM
  • Please give us the option to delete a submission. C'mon man!! (Apple has one...so does Android).
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:55 PM
  • Yes, please. It's essential. It's the most important feature what we need here.
    Friday, November 23, 2012 12:57 AM
  • Windows Store (Win8) applications allow you to delete or cancel a submission.  It saves everyone time and relieves the testers of some work.  So it is possible and it's most likely not MS policy.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:04 PM
  • I have an app that is only being submitted for beta test for a handful of users and upon submitting this morning we quickly learned that there was an issue with the release version after downloading from the market. we were able to resolve the issue and were ready to resubmit and we are blocked since the app seems to be stuck in publishing state. we can already see it in the market so I would think that is a complete submission. please advise.
    Sunday, August 9, 2015 11:58 PM