The login is from an un-trusted domain and cannot be used with windows authentication. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have two servers in two different domains.
    after creating ODBC Connection to another server in another domain and connected success from administrator user but when I try to get data from another user it gives me the following error 

Hide   Copy Code
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

I appreciate any help.
    Regards.

Monday, January 15, 2018 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Verify that the user has access to the source and that is in the Active directory.

Ousama EL HOR

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer"  of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful"  button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

[User Page]     [MSDN Page]     [Blog]     [Linkedin]

Monday, January 15, 2018 2:47 PM
  • It's in the active directory and it takes the permissions for the DB 

this is the log message

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c, state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. Reason: AcceptSecurityContext failed. The Windows error code indicates the cause of failure. The <g class="gr_ gr_69 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="69" id="69">logon</g> attempt failed 

Monday, January 15, 2018 2:59 PM
  • So, do you expect there to be trust between the domains or not? If you don't expect that, that is the end of the line.

If you expect there to be, I think you need to work with your Windows adminstrator to sort this out, as it appears to be an AD issue.

Monday, January 15, 2018 4:31 PM