How to split string exactly with pattern matching case RRS feed

• Question

• User321489315 posted

Hi All, 

I am facing bit problem to split string with pattern matching case here. I want to split string with pattern matching case only here. please help me here. 

List<string> pattern = new List<string>();
                pattern.Add("[__]");

string studentInfo = "[__] Student Attendance \n[__] Student Lunch Time\n(**) Parents Meeting Date \n[__] Student Play time\n[__] Student Library time, \n(**) Parents Observation \n";

var finalStudentList = Regex.Split(studentInfo, string.Join("|", pattern.Select(c => Regex.Escape(@"" + c + "")).ToArray())).Where(s => s != string.Empty).ToArray<string>();
    string report = Environment.NewLine + string.Join(Environment.NewLine, finalStudentList);

Here it's returning below string

string report = "\r\n Student Attendance \n\r\n Student Lunch Time\n(**) Parents Meeting Date \n\r\n Student Play time\n\r\n Student Library time, \n(**) Parents Observation \n";

but i don't want "(**) Parents Meeting Date \n" and "(**) Parents Observation \n"

my output should be like below

string report = "\r\n Student Attendance \n\r\n Student Lunch Time\n\r\n Student Play time\n\r\n Student Library time, \n"

what should i need to do here. Please help me

Thanks,

Chandu

Thursday, July 19, 2018 2:01 PM

Answers

• User321489315 posted

Hi Kathy, 

I found below solution. Thanks for u'r time :) 

pattern.Add("[__]");

string studentInfo = "[__] Student Attendance \n[__] Student Lunch Time\n(**) Parents Meeting Date \n[__] Student Play time\n[__] Student Library time, \n(**) Parents Observation \n";
    var StudentList = Regex.Split(studentInfo, "\n").Where(s => s.Contains(pattern[0]) && s != string.Empty).ToArray();

Thanks,

Chandu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2018 7:00 AM

All replies

• User409696431 posted

You need to remove the (**) comments before splitting the string.

string input = @"[__] Student Attendance \n[__] Student Lunch Time\n(**) Parents Meeting Date \n[__] Student Play time\n[__] Student Library time, \n(**) Parents Observation \n";
            string pattern = @"\\n\(\*\*\)[^\\]*";
            string replacement = "";
            string studentInfo = Regex.Replace(input, pattern, replacement);

And then continue with what you have

Friday, July 20, 2018 4:41 AM
  • User321489315 posted

Hi Kathy, 

Thanks for u'r reply. But here "(**)" is not fixed. I will be getting multiple kind of patterns in string like it could be (...), [__], (/), etc and it's dynamic. But here one pattern should be fixed, according to that i need to split the string. Remaining pattern matching string text i have to remove. 

Friday, July 20, 2018 5:24 AM
  • User409696431 posted

I answered you based on the example you gave.

If you want to remove part of the string you need to have a fixed pattern to identify it.   If you do, alter the Regex expression to match it.  If you don't have a pattern that matches what you want to remove, you are out of luck.

Friday, July 20, 2018 6:41 AM
  • User321489315 posted

Hi Kathy, 

I found below solution. Thanks for u'r time :) 

pattern.Add("[__]");

var StudentList = Regex.Split(studentInfo, "\n").Where(s => s.Contains(pattern[0]) && s != string.Empty).ToArray();

Thanks,

Chandu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2018 7:00 AM