Windows 7 and SimulateSAS() delay RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I've been using the above function to send CTRL ALT DEL command for remote control. A service reside in the client system and upon receiving a command to do the CTRL ALT DEL, it will invoke a cad.exe (which is of course signed) that will call SimulateSAS().

However, in a scenario where the network is congested, the command will take up to 15 seconds, which is not good for user experience. I suspect something to do with the digital signature checking.

Anyways to speed up or minimize this lag?

-.- yoz...

• Edited by Shenlong Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:50 AM SendSAS function changed to SimulateSAS
    Monday, May 21, 2012 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hey guys,

I have done a process check with regards to this issue. Seems to me that whenever CAD.exe is fired up, consent.exe runs and it started checking on the certificate. On our client site, the corporate internet/network is slow due to running dynamic vlans on VMs and it causes huge delay of up to 10 seconds or so for the digital signature checking of our CAD.exe.

This seems to work bad against the user experience of using the SimulateSAS function call. The CAD.exe is signed by VeriSign, Inc. Any ways to improve the user experience?

-.- yoz...

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:10 AM