none
Missing Activate Product and Enter Product Key options in Help menu after hotfix? RRS feed

• Question

• I am retiring a windows XP machine and moving Expression Web 4 over to my new Windows 7 64 bit machine...

I installed EW 4 on the new machine and when I tried to enter the product key I received a message indicating it was invalid.   No problem, I search this forum and found Jim's article (http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en/web/thread/da000eea-b7e8-461f-b64a-79fea49d8b34) which pointed to the appropriate hotfix:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2635101

Applied the above hotfix and EW 4 starts up (and looks) fine.

However, the Help menu is missing the "Activate Product" and "Enter Product Key" options.

Also missing from Help->About Microsoft Expression Web is the phrase "This is a fully licensed copy".

So -- am I good to go?  Is this normal after using the hotfix?  (the hotfix article makes no mention of this).   EW 4 shows version 4.0.1338.0 SP2.

If anyone on the forum has EW behaving the same, please let me know.

Thanks!

Thursday, September 6, 2012 3:15 AM

Answers

• It is normal after the hotfix for the activation to be taken care of when the hotfix is installed so you don't need to enter the product afterwards.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

• Marked as answer by BDCoder Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:51 PM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:01 AM

All replies

• Interesting. I have not yet had the dubious pleasure of applying the hotfix, so I don't know if  this is "normal" behavior or not. Fewer things require a reboot these days, but this just might be one of them. Have you tried that?

cheers,
    scott
    P.S. You need to mark Andrew's response as the answer in your other thread, not your own reply to that response.

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by paladyn Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:31 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:16 AM
  • It is normal after the hotfix for the activation to be taken care of when the hotfix is installed so you don't need to enter the product afterwards.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

• Marked as answer by BDCoder Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:51 PM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:01 AM
  • Cheryl is correct -- I also confirmed with Jim Cheshire (at Microsoft) -- the options I mentioned will not be available in the Help menu -- nor will the phrase "This is a fully licensed copy" appear under Help -> About Microsoft Expression Web,

Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:51 PM