none
How to add the title and page# in the report viewer RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know where & how to add the report title and page# in the report viewer

How to do that?

Monday, September 2, 2019 3:47 AM

Answers

• You cannot add it in the ReportViewer. It has to be added in the report definition itself (i.e., the .rdl or .rdlc).

To print the page number, add a textbox to the report definition and change te expression in the textbox to the following: =Globals!PageNumber

Similarly, if you want to print the report name, there is a global variable called Globals!ReportName that you can use in the same way. However, most people don't use that for the title; instead, a title is directly written in a textbox inside the report, instead of binding it to the name of the report definition file.

• Marked as answer by Jeff0803 Tuesday, September 3, 2019 4:20 AM
    Monday, September 2, 2019 6:25 AM
  • Hi Jeff0803,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on my search, I only could find the following useful link.

How to show a title on each page of the report dynamically created reportviewer

If you want to know how to add a page in the report viewer, please post it in the Stack OverFlow.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 2, 2019 6:26 AM

All replies

• You cannot add it in the ReportViewer. It has to be added in the report definition itself (i.e., the .rdl or .rdlc).

To print the page number, add a textbox to the report definition and change te expression in the textbox to the following: =Globals!PageNumber

Similarly, if you want to print the report name, there is a global variable called Globals!ReportName that you can use in the same way. However, most people don't use that for the title; instead, a title is directly written in a textbox inside the report, instead of binding it to the name of the report definition file.

Monday, September 2, 2019 6:25 AM
  • Hi Jeff0803,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on my search, I only could find the following useful link.

How to show a title on each page of the report dynamically created reportviewer

If you want to know how to add a page in the report viewer, please post it in the Stack OverFlow.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 2, 2019 6:26 AM