none
Is there a way to programmatically create a document whose window is minimized? RRS feed

• Question

• I know that, after I've opened a Word doc, I can easily set its WindowState to minimized.  However, I'd like to avoid the flash that happens when I minimize it.  Is there a way to simply force the document to open up minimimized?

Thanks..

Dan

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Dan

If you're also starting the Word application, then simply don't set Application.Visible = True.

Or you can set the Visible parameter of the Documents.Open method to False, which essentially opens the document "minimized". The user can still get to it over the Windows menu, but it won't be a visible window until he (or you) calls it up.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi DChernin,

Thanks for posting in the MSN Forum.

It's based on my experience that there no work round to avoid the flash happens.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, May 25, 2012 4:44 AM
  • Hi Dan

If you're also starting the Word application, then simply don't set Application.Visible = True.

Or you can set the Visible parameter of the Documents.Open method to False, which essentially opens the document "minimized". The user can still get to it over the Windows menu, but it won't be a visible window until he (or you) calls it up.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:11 AM