Autocomplete in multiline textbox RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to have autocomplete in a multi-line textbox?

In a simple test, I enabled autocomplete on a textbox and set MultiLine == false, and the autocomplete works. But if I change MultiLine to true the autocomplete does nothing.

I didn't see any mention of such a restriction on the use of autocomplete in the documentation, but maybe I missed it.

Can it be done?
    Friday, March 3, 2006 3:41 PM

All replies

• AutoComplete should work in a multi-line textbox, but remember, AutoComplete only works for the entire contents of the text box, not just the contents of a particular line or selection.
    Wednesday, March 8, 2006 4:17 AM
  • I am having the same problem, using vb.net express 2005.  IF the textbox is set to multiline then it does not attempt to autocomplete.  It's not that important now, thanks to your post I understand that it will not work for what I want it for anyways.  It would be nice to have the autocomplete work on each word in the textbox (ie for a text editor program)
    Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:24 PM
  • Hi David,

Can you confirm AutoComplete does work for multi-line textbox? what do you mean "AutoComplete only works for the entire contents of the text box, not just the contents of a particular line or selection"? 

I just like to have my multi-line textbox to be able to auto complete by selecting previously entered text. Is this possible?

thanks.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:55 AM