Cannot connect through TFS from Team Explorer after extending Team Foundation Server (with port 8080) RRS feed

• Question

• I accidently extended the Team Foundation Server below through Central Sharepoint Administration.  Now, I cannot access team projects using visual studio team system's team explorer.  However, all the project documents and reports that were previously created were still available through http://localhost/sites/<team project>.  How do I unextend or fix this problem so that clients can connect to the foundation again through VSTS? Is there an alternative to configure another website to serve the same purpose using the previous database configuration?

Team Foundation Server http://localhost:8080/ Not Installed Extend

The error I get when I connect now is "TF31004: The Team Foundation encountered an unexpected error while connecting to Team Foundation Server [server name].  Wait a few minutes and try again.  If the problem persists contact your Team Foundation Server administrator."

Thanks in advance, Nan

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 11:22 PM

Answers

• Thanks Hua,

But it didn't solve the TF31004 error that appeared when clients tried to connet to TFS. Finally I could solve the problem adding the server to the trusted local intranet sites.

Friday, May 25, 2007 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hello Nan:

Could you please give more detail infomation about your extending the TFS in Central SharePoint Administration? Thanks.

Here are some steps you can try to see if the problem still exists.

1. Deleting the TFS client-side cache found in "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\1.0\Cache"   

2. Run 'aspnet_regiis -i' to  fixing the IIS mapping for ASP.NET.

• Unmarked as answer by Hua Chen Monday, November 10, 2008 8:30 AM
    Monday, May 14, 2007 2:03 AM
  • What daoes it mean  "Run 'aspnet_regiis -i' to  fixing the IIS mapping for ASP.NET". Could you describe more precisely hao to do this action.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:26 PM
  • Hello Dan:

Sorry for my unclear words.

Here are brief steps for it:

1. Log on the Team Foundation Server App - Tier

2. Click Start menu

3. Select Run..

4. Type 'aspnet_regiis -i' in the Run Windows

5. Click Ok button to run this command.

Good luck.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:19 AM
  • Thanks Hua,

But it didn't solve the TF31004 error that appeared when clients tried to connet to TFS. Finally I could solve the problem adding the server to the trusted local intranet sites.

Friday, May 25, 2007 8:02 AM
  • Hello Dan:

Thank you very much for your reply.

Your experience should be helpful for others.

Friday, May 25, 2007 8:11 AM
  • I'm having exactly the same problem right now. I extended a site in Sharepoint central configuration and set the "anonymous access" to "yes". No I can't set back to "no" no more and my Team explorer can't connect to TFS giving me the very same error message TF31004.
    I deleted the cache and ran aspnet_regiis -i but I stil can't connect to TFS? What the heck? Just because 1 darn click!

Does somebody have an idea?

regards,

Pete
    "veritas vos liberabit"
    Monday, November 3, 2008 6:00 PM
  • I got the same problem . Waiting for the solutions.
    Monday, April 23, 2012 3:41 AM