none
protect the cell from editing (MS Project) RRS feed

• Question

• is it possible to protect the cell from editing (Gantt Chart view)? 
    I try to do it through the event Application_ProjectBeforeTaskChange and setting Cancel to true 

which method is called when the edit cell and press the ESC?
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:01 PM

Answers

• Application_ProjectBeforeTaskChange in principle suitable, Cancel do only those fields that I need to protect.

You can also intercept WM_KEYDOWN message

• Marked as answer by Zhenya_89 Friday, October 31, 2014 10:27 AM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is for developers discussing issues about apps for Office. Since the issue is more relative to Project developing, I would like to move it to Project Customization and Programming forum to get more effective response.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:17 AM
  • CRM_EXPERT,

No, not really. You could write protect the whole file or even set up an Event triggered message but that will apply to all fields. The best approach to do what you want is training combined with periodic auditing to insure users are not making unauthorized changes to the file. The alternative is to have one person as the file manager with others supplying data to that person for updates.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:03 PM
  • Application_ProjectBeforeTaskChange in principle suitable, Cancel do only those fields that I need to protect.

You can also intercept WM_KEYDOWN message

• Marked as answer by Zhenya_89 Friday, October 31, 2014 10:27 AM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 10:27 AM