FTP and my site… RRS feed

• Question

• User-223008416 posted

Hello to All,

So, I have my main site which is a BlogEngine pointing to my main domain.

This is a newbie question:

Using Visual Studio 2010, I'm connecting to my site through FTP… Can I create a new folder/directory and then create standalone webpages inside this new folder/directory without having BlogEngine throw a conniption fit?

Will I first have to create a new master page, then create new pages and select the checkbox that says select master page that way these pages use that master page? That way these pages don't try to use the information that for the blog.

I know I probably just answered my own question, but… I just need to be sure, I'm used to using Linux and WordPress.

Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:24 AM

Answers

• User-223008416 posted

my web hosting forum answered this question for me… I thought being able to do this would be some sort of common thing to do.

I had to log into my domain and management >click on my application folder >click on create application path >then click on the folder I would like to use as a standalone webpage.

Thank you for replying though. Nice to know somebody was listening.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2012 11:24 PM

All replies

• User1011739529 posted

Hi,

If you are using BlogEngine.Net then refer to it's complete installation reference:

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/documentation

Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:07 PM
  • User-223008416 posted

my web hosting forum answered this question for me… I thought being able to do this would be some sort of common thing to do.

I had to log into my domain and management >click on my application folder >click on create application path >then click on the folder I would like to use as a standalone webpage.

Thank you for replying though. Nice to know somebody was listening.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2012 11:24 PM
  • User1011739529 posted

Oh good, that's an even better and easier solution :)

We are always here to help each other. Feel free to ask any questions and don't forget to mark the correct answers as the right ones.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:59 PM