none
creating ConnectionLines via VBA ends in a Connection with 1,2 or 3 Adjustments Points. Can´t change the result RRS feed

• Question

• I´ve searched for some time, but did not found a solution for this. I simply want to create a Connection via VBA in my Powerpoint 2010 Presentation (msoConnectionType: msoElbow). Sometimes I get one with 1 Adjustmentpoint, sometimes with 2 and sometimes with 3... But I can´t change the number of Adjustmentpoints... If I try to change the value of the Adjustment(2) in a linkageline with only one adjustmentpoint for example , it results in an error...

How can I add or delete Adjustmentpoints? Or is it a Bug?

Thank you for help ;-) (if there are some mistakes in my english, pls forgive me, my english is not really good :P)
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:35 PM

All replies

• The adjustments are available in VBA by Adjustments property of Shape.You can experiment with it.

But if you mean Arrow then use LineFormat property .

Best Regards,
    Asadulla Javed, Kolkata
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Friday, October 12, 2012 7:32 AM
    Answerer
  • I know this property. My question was: If I create a Connection in VBA then sometimes Adjustements property consists of 1,2 or 3 propertys. In PPT view these are the points (sometimes 1, sometimes 2 or 3) to control the path of the connectionline. But till now I didn´t found how to control the length of the Adjustements property...For example: Sometimes I´m able to edit the Adjustements(2) property and sometimes it fails because it does not exists.

My solution was: I set the values of the Adjustements properties in a "On Error Resume Next" block :P

Monday, March 4, 2013 10:42 AM