No Alt+F4 for Windows 8 Apps

Question

• I really think it's a bad move, not having a close, or exit feature on apps, everyone that has windows to date is used to doing so and not being able to close will have a detrimental effect on the adoption of the new OS..

I for one hate not being able to close Apps on the iCr*p devices..

Friday, September 30, 2011 9:03 PM

All replies

• You can close apps iOS.  The method is clunky, but you can close them down. Press the home button twice brings up a list of running apps.  Press and hold one of the apps until they start to wiggle.  A red close icon will appear on the upper left-hand corner of each icon.  Just tap the red close icon to close the app. 

Too many steps in my opinion, but it can be done.  What's even clunkier is that you cannot close the current app.  Instead, you have to exit the app first before closing it. 

Friday, September 30, 2011 10:02 PM
  • Well, that must've been a recent addition, since you couldn't do it before. In any case, its not something windows should be doing, they will only alienate their current users!
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 6:25 PM
  • There is an ALT+F4 in windows8. But it is known to have bugs, they are usually resolved by refreshing your system.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    • Proposed as answer by Dylan-Meeus Monday, October 3, 2011 12:48 AM
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 11:19 PM