none
Update to Apps for Excel task panes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I started building apps excel task pane apps and absolutely love it...

here are a few thoughts for the next version...

1 - have a document.ClearWorksheet() that either clears the current worksheet (after a prompt), or opens a new blank one. I use the task pane to paste a lot of data into the worksheet and the reasoning is, what If I return "less rows" than the last time (because of different criteria) and I cannot use table binding because I also paste a bunch of text data...

2 - a way to perform basic formatting when pasting text or matrix data would be nice.

3 - the ability to use bindignds.getnamedItemAsync() to get a table binding for a range such as A1:z100

4 - more debugging ability, using the IE developer tools. THe ability to examine network traffic and css stuff is critical in order to make something quick and beautifull.

5 - the ability to add a new worksheet based on an excel template that would be stored on the webserver.. THis would allow me to further separate presentation and data by creating a new worksheet based on the template, then known coordinates in the document would be known and data could be filled in.

And now for the question... when is release 2.0 of this great technology coming to town :)

I would be glad to discuss this further at the next MVP summit...

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Tuath:

Thank you for the suggestions. Your suggestions are very cool. I will send your suggestions to office team.

Thanks

Friday, March 28, 2014 10:36 AM