Publisher issue of Metro Application with C++ language

Question

• When I create a Metro App with C++ language and modify the publisher to my company info, and then build it, I find the package uses an other specific string for the publisher. Such as "CN= Microsoft Corporation".  I check it by reading AppxManifest.xml file located in the Output Directory, "$(OutDir)".  Is this a known issue?
    Wednesday, April 04, 2012 1:12 PM

Answers

• The publisher ID in the app manifest must match with the subject field of the signing certificate used to sign the package. When you create a package through Visual Studio, it automatically generates a .pfx file (this is the MetroSettingApp_TemproaryKey) if one isn't present and update the app manifest's publisher ID field with the matching string.

Note that there are two publisher-related fields in the app manifest. One is "Publisher ID" and the other one is "Publisher name". The "Publisher name" can be any arbitrary string where as the "Publisher ID" is bounded to the rule described above. In the output package, does the Publisher ID in the Appxmanifest.xml match with the subject field of the .pfx file?

Friday, April 06, 2012 1:34 AM

All replies

• Sorry, I need update some information as following.

This issue appears when I try to create a pacake.

VS2011 has two slection, one is "Create package to upload to the Store or to use locally", the other is "Create a package to use locally only".

I select the send one.

After the package is created, I find a temporary key has been created aslo. Such as "MetroSettingApp_TemporayKey".

And the publisher name in the AppxManifest.xml file is different from the string in 'Package.appxmanifest' file.

This issue will disppear when I remove the key and just re-build the project again (not pack it again).

In the other word, I just can run the application correctly with VS2011 develop environment, but cannot pack a right package.

Are there any know about these?

Please give me some info if possible!

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, April 05, 2012 4:24 AM
  • The publisher ID in the app manifest must match with the subject field of the signing certificate used to sign the package. When you create a package through Visual Studio, it automatically generates a .pfx file (this is the MetroSettingApp_TemproaryKey) if one isn't present and update the app manifest's publisher ID field with the matching string.

Note that there are two publisher-related fields in the app manifest. One is "Publisher ID" and the other one is "Publisher name". The "Publisher name" can be any arbitrary string where as the "Publisher ID" is bounded to the rule described above. In the output package, does the Publisher ID in the Appxmanifest.xml match with the subject field of the .pfx file?

Friday, April 06, 2012 1:34 AM
  • Dear Candy Chiang:

Thanks for your kindly help!

I have fixed this issue.

Best Regards,

xptx

• Edited by xptx Friday, April 20, 2012 1:11 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 1:10 AM