none
How can I create web robot with c# ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there I want to create applications than can be access to web pages like login or click on button fill forms or leave a message in social pages like instagram and etc . 

I created something simple with webbrowser but I want to be professional 

Can you help me ? 

Friday, August 10, 2018 7:17 PM

All replies

• Maybe you should to use some API. 
    Saturday, August 11, 2018 6:59 AM
  • I don't know what you mean by "professional" here.

There really aren't any shortcuts.  You have to fetch the HTML, you have to read the HTML and figure out which fields to fill in, then you have to submit POST requests to send the forms.

However, you also need to know that the major social media platforms have many features to make what ask nearly impossible.  Most of the user interaction takes place in Javascript.  Unless you want to have a Javascript interpreter in your application, that's out of reach.

Petr is correct.  If you specifically want to target Instagram or Facebook or Twitter, then you need to investigate the developer programs each of them have, which allows you to do what you ask through a well-defined API.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Sunday, August 12, 2018 1:38 AM
  • Hi there I want to create applications than can be access to web pages like login or click on button fill forms or leave a message in social pages like instagram and etc . 

I created something simple with webbrowser but I want to be professional 

Can you help me ? 

Hi,

I want to confirm again what is the professional you said, do you have error message in your simple? if so, please provide the code here so that we can debug it.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 13, 2018 1:54 AM