No resource found that matches the given name "Theme.AppCompat.Light" RRS feed

• Question

• User7100 posted

Hi Xamarinians

I have upgraded the support library packages to v23. After that I am getting this error in the style.xml files

Error APT0000: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar'. (APT0000)

Here is my style file

<style name="AppTheme" parent="Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar">
        <item name="windowNoTitle">true</item>

I have to go back to the older version, any idea why is this happening?

Thank you

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 4:55 AM

All replies

• User66025 posted

Your compile SDK version must match the support library's major version.

Since you are using support library v23, you need to compile against Android SDK of v23.

Alternatively you can continue compiling against v22 of the Android SDK by switching to the latest support library v22.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:29 AM
  • User179463 posted

I had the same error, the solution was to delete all the contents of [C:\Users\\AppData\Local\xamarin] and rebuild the solution.

Sunday, February 21, 2016 11:05 PM
  • User182909 posted

I have resolved it using same SDK of Android(API 23 as target API) as App comp lib idk version(v23.4).

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:28 AM
  • User182909 posted

but now after some time, i got again this issue with same api's versions. i don't know Why? Please help someone.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 1:03 PM
  • User276048 posted

como soluciono este error??? e utilizado todas las api y ninguna me soluciona el error, también borre los archivos temporales y nada que me deja que puedo hacer?

Thursday, November 17, 2016 5:32 PM
  • User272649 posted

JuanAguilar Programming has one universal language "English" please.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 2:30 PM
  • User287804 posted

for my project, option "Rebuild all" fix the issue... thanks

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:31 AM
  • User288009 posted

there is too much this monkey business with xamarin. got this weird error for some reason. as far as I know I changed nothing... and definitely not changed anything in styles.xml. it just broke down.

Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar'. Resources\values\styles.xml(3): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'. Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimary'. Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimaryDark'. Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionBar'. Resources\values\styles.xml(4): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionModeOverlay'. Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowNoTitle'. Resources\values\styles.xml(4): error APT0000: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.Dialog'. Resources\values\styles.xml(4): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'. 0 Warning(s)

Monday, January 16, 2017 2:03 PM
  • User244138 posted

@jutervo said: there is too much this monkey business with xamarin. got this weird error for some reason. as far as I know I changed nothing... and definitely not changed anything in styles.xml. it just broke down.

Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar'. Resources\values\styles.xml(3): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'. Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimary'. Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimaryDark'. Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionBar'. Resources\values\styles.xml(4): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionModeOverlay'. Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowNoTitle'. Resources\values\styles.xml(4): error APT0000: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.Dialog'. Resources\values\styles.xml(4): error APT0000: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'. 0 Warning(s)

I literally have the same exact issue going on. I build a brand new project, and it automatically comes with those errors. Not a good think for Xamarin at all. Very frustrating and such a waste of time to figure out. You can't even build a brand new project without having there be errors. Unbelievable.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:13 AM
  • User288009 posted

I just ignored the thing and managed to get build / apk done but as said there is too many things that seems to cause random problems in the dev environment.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:13 AM
  • User264437 posted

I was able to fix this problem by adding android-layout-xml.xsd and schemas.android.com.apk.res.android.xsd under XML -> Schemas (menu is accessible only when in a axml file). For the exact location of those files I suggest to do a search on the computer because they aren't in folder of Xamarin as suggested in other answers. In my case they were in the project under obj folder [obj -> Debug -> Schemas ...]

Also, if the Intellisense stops working, then VS needs to be restarted.

Hope this will help you with your problem.

Sunday, February 12, 2017 9:42 AM
  • User88553 posted

Nuget Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.

Monday, February 13, 2017 3:48 PM
  • User299994 posted

This is so frustrating. Struggling with the same problem. API levels all the same, deleted contents of the Xamarin folder, built and rebuilt the project to no avail.

It is even more frustrating because I have just been to the Microsoft Connect conference where they spend hours praising Xamarin. Typical Microsoft marketing hype.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:54 PM
  • User92953 posted

I resolved this by deleting everything in the "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Xamarin\zips" folder and cleaning and rebuilding my project. Looks like its caused by corrupted ZIP files in this folder which get's downloaded during the compilation if you don't have specific Android dlls that are required by your project to build. So probably those downloads may have gotten interrupted there by causing corrupted ZIPs of those Android dlls. So by deleting them in the above folder, forces VS to re-download them again, and it will probably complete the downloading of those ZIP-ed dlls properly and unzip itself to build your project. :) Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 5:05 AM
  • User300623 posted

I tried everything above but nothing worked, I just started a new project but it's failing on build, anyone got other solution for this?

Sunday, February 19, 2017 11:07 AM
  • User236903 posted

Why dont you use default template which application gives you? Example in designers method of layout just select properties,background and give your template from there.And use a linearlayout for giving color in your bar.

Sunday, February 19, 2017 11:31 AM
  • User237122 posted

I have the same problem. I have SDK 7.1.1 (API 25) 7.0 Installed SDKs 7.1.1 (API 25) 7.0 Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat v25.1.0 Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 v25.1.1 I have no clue what is wrong. Why does it I have version 25.1.0 installed but gives me the option of updating 20 previous version? What version of Xamarin.Android.v4 am I supposed to be using?

Sunday, February 26, 2017 3:52 AM
  • User315857 posted

I've fixed the error Resources\values\styles.xml(2): error APT0000: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCom... by reverting all Xamarin.Android.Support libraries to v23.4.0.1.

Sunday, April 9, 2017 6:37 PM
  • User314012 posted

Please as I change the version of libraries xamarin.Android. Support the truth i am new and if someone helps me with this information it would help me a lot

Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:35 PM
  • User326855 posted

Just started working with Xamarin thinking it might be an easy way to write multiplatform apps. Been running through the first few lessons of Xamarin University and liking it. Then I switched it to try and build the app for Android and got this error. What is the point of a multiplatform dev environment if it errors on one of the two platforms out of the box?

As for solutions I see above "Since you are using support library v23, you need to compile against Android SDK of v23." but I don't know how to actually make this change. Can someone give more explicit directions?

Sunday, May 28, 2017 8:17 PM
  • User327413 posted

@MichaelCheng said: Nuget Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.

It worked for me! I'd also add another package: Xamarin.Android.Support.v4. Next, clean all and rebuild.

Monday, June 5, 2017 5:20 AM
  • User332047 posted

@MattHerndon I agree with you. I'm having the same problem, haven't changed a single character from an example Xamarin Forms app in visual studio for mac. Not really encouraging when I'm evaluation using xamarin for work project and there isn't even an example that works out of the box. It's pathetic.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:47 PM
  • User241022 posted

@JBhinder said: for my project, option "Rebuild all" fix the issue... thanks

+1

Saturday, June 24, 2017 4:07 AM
  • User300766 posted

Installing the AppCompat should be the solution since the error says that no item found Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar.

I added the Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat nuget in my android project and it worked.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 12:01 AM
  • User338142 posted

Anyone please help me to resolve the issue. I have tried all the steps mentioned but none helped me...

Could not install package 'Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat 25.3.1'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'MonoAndroid,Version=v2.3', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

Monday, July 24, 2017 12:30 AM
  • User168966 posted

I've been trying to correct this error for almost a week, without success. I'm targeting Android SDK 25 and minimum version 16. I have Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat v25.3.1 Nuget in my project.

Tried to delete all content from C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Xamarin, clean solution, remove bin and obj files, but none of these solved the problem.

Do you guys have any clue on what is causing this error?

This is my styles.xml file: <style name="MyTheme" parent="android:Theme.AppCompat"></style>

And the manifest: <application android:label="App" android:theme="@style/MyTheme" android:icon="@drawable/Icon"></application>

If my in my manifest I use AppCompat theme, I can run the app but if my custom theme extends AppCompat, I get the error <application android:label="App" android:theme="@style/Theme.AppCompat" android:icon="@drawable/Icon"></application>

Thank you.

Friday, August 4, 2017 6:23 PM
  • User168966 posted

The problem is that the Theme path was wrong. The right one is: parent="Theme.AppCompat" instead of parent="android:Theme.AppCompat".

Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:57 PM
  • User343322 posted

Clean And Rebuild is what i have done..... and the issue solved.

Friday, August 25, 2017 12:49 PM
  • User24062 posted

I ran into this when adding the Google Drive support. A full clean and build solved but now the ResolveLibraryProjectsImports is popping probably because something in the Drive support package has too long a name. I suppose now I'll need to move the project out to a root folder on Windows. Something needs to be done about Windows archaic path limitation but I suppose that opens up all kinds of problems.

Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:16 PM
  • User275876 posted

@UdaraAlwis said: I resolved this by deleting everything in the "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Xamarin\zips" folder and cleaning and rebuilding my project. Looks like its caused by corrupted ZIP files in this folder which get's downloaded during the compilation if you don't have specific Android dlls that are required by your project to build. So probably those downloads may have gotten interrupted there by causing corrupted ZIPs of those Android dlls. So by deleting them in the above folder, forces VS to re-download them again, and it will probably complete the downloading of those ZIP-ed dlls properly and unzip itself to build your project. :) Hope it helps.

Cheers!

It worked for me. Thank a lot

Friday, September 8, 2017 1:29 PM
  • User88967 posted

A little late....but if u r still having issues, please consult Xamarin's James Montemagno blog on mastering the Android support libraries: https://blog.xamarin.com/mastering-android-support-libraries/

Monday, October 23, 2017 7:24 AM
  • User88967 posted

Oh...in case you are wondering where to find out the support libraries version number, you need to open up the packages.config file. Please see attached. Thanks.

Monday, October 23, 2017 7:33 AM
  • User333320 posted

In my case, what solved this issue was adding the new SDKs with the android SDK Manager. After that, everything compiled and worked as expected.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 12:23 PM
  • User353847 posted

Just manage Nuget Packages and update the Xamarin.Android.Support.v7 and any other thing you are missing

these kind of problems occur when you download a sample or try to build a solution on your computer which is made originally in another computer OR after you create a project in your PC you update or install something (like some SDKs) and in VisualStudio you need to sync your project with new changes you made out od VS.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:37 PM
  • User342918 posted

Trying to solve this issue using a local Build Agent

I created a brand new Xamarin Forms Shared Application. Updated Xamarin forms nuget Package (automatically updates android support). Built, worked. Checked in.

Ran the build agent, and it failed with the same errors. I have downloaded the necessary sdk on the build agent so I am not sure what my next step would be at this point.

DefineBuildTargetAbis: Build target ABI: armeabi-v7a Resources\values\styles.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: 1: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar'. Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 1: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar'. [C:\myagent\_work\2\s\Scratch\myUser\XamarinTest\TestApp\TestApp.Android\TestApp.Android.csproj] Resources\values\styles.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: 2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'. Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'. [C:\myagent\_work\2\s\Scratch\myUser\XamarinTest\TestApp\TestApp.Android\TestApp.Android.csproj] Resources\values\styles.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimary'. Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimary'. [C:\myagent\_work\2\s\Scratch\myUser\XamarinTest\TestApp\TestApp.Android\TestApp.Android.csproj] Resources\values\styles.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimaryDark'. Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimaryDark'. [C:\myagent\_work\2\s\Scratch\myUser\XamarinTest\TestApp\TestApp.Android\TestApp.Android.csproj] Resources\values\styles.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionBar'. Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionBar'. [C:\myagent\_work\2\s\Scratch\myUser\XamarinTest\TestApp\TestApp.Android\TestApp.Android.csproj] Resources\values\styles.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: 3: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionModeOverlay'. Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 3: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionModeOverlay'. [C:\myagent\_work\2\s\Scratch\myUser\XamarinTest\TestApp\TestApp.Android\TestApp.Android.csproj] Resources\values\styles.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowNoTitle'. Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowNoTitle'. [C:\myagent\_work\2\s\Scratch\myUser\XamarinTest\TestApp\TestApp.Android\TestApp.Android.csproj] Resources\values\styles.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: 3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.Dialog'. Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.Dialog'. [C:\myagent\_work\2\s\Scratch\myUser\XamarinTest\TestApp\TestApp.Android\TestApp.Android.csproj] Resources\values\styles.xml(0,0): Error APT0000: 3: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'. Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 3: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'. [C:\myagent\_work\2\s\Scratch\myUser\XamarinTest\TestApp\TestApp.Android\TestApp.Android.csproj] Done Building Project "C:\myagent\_work\2\s\Scratch\myUser\XamarinTest\TestApp\TestApp.Android\TestApp.Android.csproj" (PackageForAndroid target(s)) -- FAILED. Build FAILED.

" (PackageForAndroid target) (1) -> (_UpdateAndroidResgen target) -> Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 1: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar'. [ Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'. [ Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimary'. [ Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimaryDark'. [ Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionBar'. [ Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 3: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionModeOverlay'. [ Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowNoTitle'. [ Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.Dialog'. [ Resources\values\styles.xml : error APT0000: 3: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'. [ 0 Warning(s) 9 Error(s) Time Elapsed 00:00:02.36`

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:09 PM
  • User364517 posted

In my case Rebuild all, i open VS with Execute as an administrator

Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:26 PM
  • User365936 posted

So I changed my target framework for android and this worked perfectly.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:08 PM
  • User32870 posted

I shipped a release build to the Play Store Alpha channel and it crashed and burned on startup after installing it via the Play Store. When deploying a release build on my device this error popped up. Switching to debug and everything is running fine.

So I deleted my bin and object folder, rebuild (release) and I got the same error. Then I deleted my bin and object folder again, restarted Visual Studio (mac), rebuild (release) and deploy to device and it runs fine.

Where does this go wrong?

Monday, March 12, 2018 10:59 AM
  • User130334 posted

I did experience the exact same issue.

Cleaning from Visual Studio (for Mac) did not help, though build was fine in VS. I only got the error when trying to build with msbuild command-line. After I removed all bin and obj folders, everything built without errors.

While the fix was an easy one it still took me a lot of time to find out and I agree with other users here who think that there's too much wild-guessing-debuging related to using Xamarin developer tools and understanding their bugs.

Monday, April 2, 2018 4:37 PM
  • User371850 posted

I had this same problem. What I did was rebuild the Android part of the project then rebuilding the General part of the project. Doing these individually and after that hitting F5 seem to work for me. I hope this helps.

Monday, August 6, 2018 12:44 AM
  • User365142 posted

I'm getting the same issue. Trying to compile a sample splash screen just to see what it looks like. I don't understand why the IDE can't sort some of these issues automatically, especially when it comes to dealing with templates. I spend more time fighting with the little errors than I do coding in Xamarin. I still like developing mobile apps in Visual Studio; infact I love it, but this is just a huge time burner lol.. I've tried quite a few of these resolutions and still getting

Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light'.

Monday, August 13, 2018 5:55 PM
  • User365142 posted

So what I did was close the project, install Android SDK 8.0 and 8.1, copy the project folder (with VS not running), open the new .SLN and it's compiling fine now. ... weird because I didn't think that this project was targeting that framework. I did see this

in the packages.config so I'm assuming monoandroid81 means it needs 8.1 installed to compile.

these should automatically download if they're required! :)

Monday, August 13, 2018 6:18 PM
  • User365142 posted

<package id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v4" version="27.0.2" targetFramework="monoandroid81" /> <package id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat" version="27.0.2" targetFramework="monoandroid81" /> <package id="Xamarin.Android.Support.Vector.Drawable" version="27.0.2" targetFramework="monoandroid81" />
    * this should be in the above post mods please condense I can't edit. *

Monday, August 13, 2018 6:19 PM
  • User150793 posted

I fixed mine by changing the following in styles.xml to

This happened lately after doing some changes, not sure which one though!: - Changed the Target Android SDK. - Changed the Java Development Kit Location from using Java jdk to using MS OpenJdk. - Moved the project folder to another location.

Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:00 AM
  • User21647 posted

I got this error when I changed the name (and namespace) of my Xamarin.Android project outside of Visual Studio.

I just manually deleted the (DroidProject)\Resources\Resources.Designer.cs file, and then reopened the solution in VS 2017 and rebuilt it. It regenerates that file if your resources change (or if it can't find it), and that fixed it for me.

Annoying tho, took me ages to figure it out!

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 1:32 AM
  • User378444 posted

@UdaraAlwis your suggestion worked it for me. Thanks

Monday, October 8, 2018 6:06 PM
  • User330867 posted

Strange but my problem was fixed after cleaning, closing vs, cleaning again and deploying

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:57 AM
  • User278404 posted

Clean and Rebuild worked for me!!

Monday, October 15, 2018 11:33 AM
  • User378795 posted

For those googling this, it's still an issue in the latest Xamarin.Android as of 10/19/2018. I experienced a similar version of this issue after renaming my project file and changing the default namespace of the android csproj. In my case, I did the following: - Clean Solution in visual studio - deleted bin and obj folder - Right click SOLUTION (not just the android project), and click Restore Nuget Packages.

That last step is what made it work. The build worked fine before my namespace and project name changes, and I think the NuGet cache was tied to that, so I needed to restore NuGet manually (the automatic restore on build did not work fully, apparently). Why it didn't just say "Couldn't find such and such support library dll" instead of these cryptic resource errors, I don't know.

Friday, October 19, 2018 3:08 PM
  • User378960 posted

I ran into this when I moved a Xamarin solution from an older dev environment to another environment with a fresh VS2017 installation. I fixed it by enabling Auto Install Android SDK's: Tools > Options > Xamarin > Android Settings > Enable Auto Install Android SDKs. Enable this feature, close VS2017 and then (Clean/) Rebuild the solution.

Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:29 PM
  • User378940 posted

I really like your blog! Thank you for publishing the blog

Friday, October 26, 2018 4:05 AM
  • User367043 posted

In my case, I have Visual Studio 15.8.6 and I have updated 15.8.8 and it solved automatically. Other Users can see above answers if this not works well.

Friday, October 26, 2018 9:31 AM
  • User209529 posted

@"JohnWilson.4976" you saved my day! Your solution worked for me

Thursday, November 29, 2018 1:03 PM
  • User29221 posted

Update Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat to newest version did the fix for me

Friday, November 30, 2018 10:46 AM
  • User330115 posted

I got this error when compiling against a newer target framework (from 8.1 to 9.0) and adding the package Xamarin.Android.Support.v13 solved it.

Friday, March 29, 2019 9:02 PM
  • User187309 posted

I got this issue when compiling from the command line, but it compiled and run from within Visual Studio (Windows).

The resolution for me was to use a *newer version of nuget.exe *.

I downloaded Nuget v5.0 and installed it separately. I used the new version of Nuget to restore all of the packages. Then the msbuild command (which had worked previously) successfully built it.

This may be related to using a newer version of the Xamarin Android project file. Older project files still compile from the command line. But msbuild did not work with the newer project (created 1 month ago). The packages in Visual Studio References look different in the newer project also.

The version of Nuget I had been using previously was found under Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\ReadyRoll\OctoPack and was version 3.5 (I suspect that version 4.x+ is required, related to the reference to msbuild -t:restore on the "package-restore" page in Microsoft Docs - it won't let me post the link).

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:57 AM
  • User389127 posted

I had the same issue. I am working with some friends and have just received the updates files. I don't know why, but I fixed this issue by updating some texts in my new files that were wrong and saving them (Ctrl + S *and *Crlt + Shift + S). I was almost giving up and when I decided to correct some txts in 2 files when I said to myself: "let's try one last time" and finally it worked for me. I suggest you to try this before delete something or update your SDK version.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:07 AM
  • User362791 posted

In my case, I just used "android:" prefix then rebuild the project and it went just fine! Use <item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item> instead of <item name="windowNoTitle">true</item>

Thursday, January 2, 2020 10:10 PM