none
help plz RRS feed

• Question

• My app configuration is set to 'Any CPU' in VS2012. I have installed Microsoft Access Database 2013 64 bit. I am using Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 as provider. When I run the app I get a The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine error. <o:p></o:p>
    Monday, December 9, 2013 10:00 AM

Answers

• Here's a discussion about this error, please refer to it and let me know whether it is worked for you.

HOW TO: FIX ERROR - "the 'microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine"

Monday, December 9, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Hello,

>>I have installed Microsoft Access Database 2013 64 bit.

Since your app configuration is set to ‘Any CPU’, the platform target then will be decided by your system operation platform.

If your system is 32bit, have a try to change the app configuration to be ‘X86’. If it does not work, then have a try to install Microsoft Access Database 2013 32 bit.

In a word, please mark sure the app platform target is the same as the db platform.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:39 AM

All replies

• Here's a discussion about this error, please refer to it and let me know whether it is worked for you.

HOW TO: FIX ERROR - "the 'microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine"

Monday, December 9, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Hello,

>>I have installed Microsoft Access Database 2013 64 bit.

Since your app configuration is set to ‘Any CPU’, the platform target then will be decided by your system operation platform.

If your system is 32bit, have a try to change the app configuration to be ‘X86’. If it does not work, then have a try to install Microsoft Access Database 2013 32 bit.

In a word, please mark sure the app platform target is the same as the db platform.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:39 AM