Cannot open a file under any circumstances RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the trial version of Expression Web 2.  I'm evaluating it to see if our whole company might switch from Dreamweaver, especially if there is full support for Dreamweaver templates.

I clicked File > Open Site...

I browsed to the correct directory, and now it shows in the Folder List.

Now...

I double-click on a file.  Nothing happens.
    I right-click, and click Open.  Nothing happens.
    I right-click, and click Open With, and select Expression Web.  Nothing.
    I drag to the blank application area.  Nothing.
    I try a variety of file formats : .dtw, .php, .htm.  Nada.  Zip.
    I right-click a file in Windows Explorer and click Open With Expression Web.  Nope.

I'm supposed to use this program why exactly?

Friday, May 9, 2008 7:40 PM

Answers

• Sounds like you have not registered the trial.

You must register and I believe restart the system.

Search this forum for more detailed info as there are others who had the same problem.
    Perry
    Friday, May 9, 2008 7:56 PM

All replies

• Sounds like you have not registered the trial.

You must register and I believe restart the system.

Search this forum for more detailed info as there are others who had the same problem.
    Perry
    Friday, May 9, 2008 7:56 PM
  • Actually, yes, restarting did solve the problem.  It would have been nice to get an error message, though, as it otherwise looked like a bug.

Any idea when there will be support for Dreamweaver CS3 templates?  It would be impossible to switch until that time, even if every other feature was 200x better than Dreamweaver.  As a company, we have hundreds of sites with time invested building templates.
    Friday, May 9, 2008 10:11 PM
  • MattInVancouver said:

Actually, yes, restarting did solve the problem.  It would have been nice to get an error message, though, as it otherwise looked like a bug.

Any idea when there will be support for Dreamweaver CS3 templates?  It would be impossible to switch until that time, even if every other feature was 200x better than Dreamweaver.  As a company, we have hundreds of sites with time invested building templates.

I am not the one to ask, but if you post that question in a new thread, someone here probably knows someting about it.
    Perry
    Saturday, May 10, 2008 2:49 AM