none
FaceTracking solely using colourImage? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to run the facetracking SDK solely on image data alone, but it always fail in at this point, Error Message: E_Pointer:

hr = _pFaceTracker->Initialize(&videoConfig,NULL,NULL,NULL);

The purpose I was doing this because I assume developer uses Active Appearance Method to track the face from a image. If that the case, I should be able to track a image using just a picture. With that in mind, I followed the instructions given in the site below, and assume that it is workable for all webcamera or even picture if I tweak with the input buffer.  

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj130970.aspx

In the end, I persistently received E_Pointer at the point of the code, so I tried using color streaming only with Kinect and the result is the same (E_Pointer).

May I know is it a SDK limitation where it requires both color and depth data in a specific format and resolution to work??

Thursday, July 5, 2012 5:34 AM

All replies

• hi,

if you run the sample and place something in front of one camera it won't work. So you definitely need both streams.

You may find some functions for face tracking based on rgb in OpenCV.

Friday, July 6, 2012 8:53 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks DeWichtel for the advise. 

My first thought was that the SDK was developed for any input source i.e. webcam or Kinect because of the way its methods (below example) were written. 

hr = _pFaceTracker->Initialize(&videoConfig,NULL,NULL,NULL);

Just curious, no one tried running the SDK with a webcam before?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:02 AM