none
Visual Studio file code is missing

Question

• I went to open my code for a project I had been working on all month only to find that the code I had written for that project had completely disappeared. The file is existent, but when I go to access the content of the file nothing is there. The last date of modification of the file is 12-31-2015 and that is consistent of when I left work. 

I know my computer did automatically shut off after the battery became low over the course of New Years weekend but as mentioned the codes last modified date is consistent with when I left work which is also the last time I had saved it. 

Is there anyway to recover the html? The javascript attached is completely in tact and is as is when I last touched it which was the same date. 

Monday, January 04, 2016 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi BacketballCoder,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Please open your file with Notepad to check whether there has any content. If also not exist, I think the code is really missing, it is not related to Visual Studio.

Do you make sure you have saved them before you leave? And do you lock your computer when you leaving? Please make sure don't have other people operate your computer.

In my opinion, we often do a backup before we need to leave for a long time with our code. We often manage our code with TFS or other source control. If you also used, please download them from source control. If not, I'm afraid that you need to re-write your code again.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 2:31 AM

All replies

• Hi BacketballCoder,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Please open your file with Notepad to check whether there has any content. If also not exist, I think the code is really missing, it is not related to Visual Studio.

Do you make sure you have saved them before you leave? And do you lock your computer when you leaving? Please make sure don't have other people operate your computer.

In my opinion, we often do a backup before we need to leave for a long time with our code. We often manage our code with TFS or other source control. If you also used, please download them from source control. If not, I'm afraid that you need to re-write your code again.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 2:31 AM
  • if u are talking about u cant find the file in project solution in visual studio. u can try to right click on ur project and add existing file or folder to the solution/project in your visual studio.
    Tuesday, January 05, 2016 2:50 AM