none
Error consuming adapter service + OracleDb bindings RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create an orchestration that is activated by a notification message from an Oracle database so I have generated the schemas and bindings file using the Consume Adapter Service functionality. Once I receive the notification, I then need to call an Oracle package on the database to retrieve the appropriate data - however, when I go through the process using Consume Adapter Service, I get the following error - Connecting to the LOB system has failed.

Has anybody seen this before, and if so what's the fix?

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 3:23 PM

Answers

• This error should have a detailed error msg:

1. if error is cannot find the assembly for Oracle.DataAccess, the root cause maybe:

a) you installed wrong ODAC version, that pls list down your BizTalk Adapter Pack version and ODAC version

b) you installed right ODAC, but did not add Oracle.DataAccess to GAC, then pls add it.

2. if error is invalid username/password, the root cause maybe:

a) the username or password really wrong, then pls fix it :)

b) the Consume Adapter Service Tool is case-sensitive for oracle user name and password, that pls confirm it is upper or lower...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:09 AM

All replies

• Can you some more detail about the error?

Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:44 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Usually this error is followed up with an error from LOB system; Oracle in your case. It could be that for instance you get this error message followed with ORA-1017: invalid name/password, meaning credentials do not match with LOB system expectations. You need to check if you can connect to your Oracle system and if necessary ask assistance from Oracle DBA. I suggest you give some more detail on error like Manas request.

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 11:21 AM
  • This error should have a detailed error msg:

1. if error is cannot find the assembly for Oracle.DataAccess, the root cause maybe:

a) you installed wrong ODAC version, that pls list down your BizTalk Adapter Pack version and ODAC version

b) you installed right ODAC, but did not add Oracle.DataAccess to GAC, then pls add it.

2. if error is invalid username/password, the root cause maybe:

a) the username or password really wrong, then pls fix it :)

b) the Consume Adapter Service Tool is case-sensitive for oracle user name and password, that pls confirm it is upper or lower...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:09 AM