none
Developer Mode for Visual Studio Express 2015

Question

• I have downloaded and installed Visual Studio Express 2015 for Desktop.  It installed correctly and runs correctly.  I have also purchased the book Microsoft Visual C# Step by Step, Eighth Edition.  I started following along in the book and trying out the examples.  I correctly entered and ran the first (Console) application.  When I went to start the first Forms example, though, it stated to start a Blank App.  Blank App is not an option in my selections.  The book stated to make sure I had the Developer Mode (Windows 10 developer tools with Visual Studio 2015).  There was no option (that I saw) to select Developer Mode when I did the Visual Studio Express 2015 installation.

How do I get the Developer Mode enabled?

Thanks.

Dave

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:29 PM

Answers

• Hi starfire151,

>>When I went to start the first Forms example, though, it stated to start a Blank App.  Blank App is not an option in my selections.  The book stated to make sure I had the Developer Mode (Windows 10 developer tools with Visual Studio 2015).  There was no option (that I saw) to select Developer Mode when I did the Visual Studio Express 2015 installation.

>>How do I get the Developer Mode enabled?

As far as I know, the developer mode was a setting option in the windows 10, it is not one option in VS IDE.

Like this document:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/apps/xaml/dn706236.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Dn706236.wedge(en-us,WIN.10).gifTo use developer features

1. On your device that you want to enable, go to Settings. Choose Update & security, then choose For developers.
    2. Choose the level  of access that you need. For more detailed info about the options, see Which settings should I choose: sideload apps or developer mode?
    3. Read the disclaimer for the setting you chose, then click Yes to accept the change.

Go to Settings, choose Update and security and then choose For developers to view your options

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 25, 2015 6:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is discuss Visual Studio Setup and installation.

As your issue is related to visual studio general questions ,I help you move this case to  Visual
    Studio general questions
    forum for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, December 24, 2015 7:33 AM
  • Hi starfire151,

>>When I went to start the first Forms example, though, it stated to start a Blank App.  Blank App is not an option in my selections.  The book stated to make sure I had the Developer Mode (Windows 10 developer tools with Visual Studio 2015).  There was no option (that I saw) to select Developer Mode when I did the Visual Studio Express 2015 installation.

>>How do I get the Developer Mode enabled?

As far as I know, the developer mode was a setting option in the windows 10, it is not one option in VS IDE.

Like this document:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/apps/xaml/dn706236.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Dn706236.wedge(en-us,WIN.10).gifTo use developer features

1. On your device that you want to enable, go to Settings. Choose Update & security, then choose For developers.
    2. Choose the level  of access that you need. For more detailed info about the options, see Which settings should I choose: sideload apps or developer mode?
    3. Read the disclaimer for the setting you chose, then click Yes to accept the change.

Go to Settings, choose Update and security and then choose For developers to view your options

Best Regards,

Jack

Friday, December 25, 2015 6:45 AM