Power Pivot Field list in not displayed in Power Pivot-Ribbon / Missing Power View-Ribbon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've got the following probem, when I add a Pivot Table from inside the Power Pivot Data Model I only get the ordinary Pivottable Field list.

When I look into the Power Pivot Ribbon there is no 'Field list' inside the ribbon. Not even a disabled one (grey) is visible.

And there's another problem, I miss the Power View-Ribbon, there is nothing available in the ribbon, although the Power View-AddIn is activated.

My configuration

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Office 2010 - 32 bit incl. Power Pivot - everything with Power Pivot works fine

Excel 2013 - 32 bit incl. Power Pivot - here's the missing Power Pivot Field list / Power View-Ribbon

Does anyone has an idea for a solution? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Joerg

Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:50 PM

Answers

• There is no ribbon for Power View in Excel 2013, you need to go to INSERT tab > Power View Reports. Once you insert a Power View Report, you will see the Power View tab.

To answer your first question about PowerPivot, It is called PivotTabel Field List and it is not under PowerPivot tab, once you click on PivotTable, you should see at the top PIVOTTABLE TOOLS with Analyze and Design tabs.

HTH!

Ayad

Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:02 PM

All replies

• There is no ribbon for Power View in Excel 2013, you need to go to INSERT tab > Power View Reports. Once you insert a Power View Report, you will see the Power View tab.

To answer your first question about PowerPivot, It is called PivotTabel Field List and it is not under PowerPivot tab, once you click on PivotTable, you should see at the top PIVOTTABLE TOOLS with Analyze and Design tabs.

HTH!

Ayad

Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:02 PM
  • Hi Ayad,

your answer helps very much. Obiously I'm a bit confused about the differences between PP in Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.

Joerg

Friday, March 7, 2014 4:32 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ayad Shammout Friday, March 7, 2014 4:47 PM
    Friday, March 7, 2014 4:47 PM
  • Hello,

Anyone else experiencing an issue where the PowerPivot field list is no longer available for new or existing PowerPivot charts?  The charts, etc, default to the classic pivot table list even for new PowerPivot sheets.

I'm suddenly experiencing this issue with Excel 2013 (15.0.4615.1000) so it seems like a Windows patch may be the culprit.

Ben Lezin

• Edited by blezin Friday, May 30, 2014 11:18 PM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 11:16 PM
  • Ist there a solution for the missing field list button? Even a little VBA construction doesn't help...

Sub einblenden()

Application.CommandBars("PivotTable Field List").Enabled = True

end sub

No chance :(

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 3:01 PM
  • Yes, I'm unable to access the PowerPivot field list.  I've never seen it since I've started playing with PowerPivot.  Is there a fix for this?

Monday, April 4, 2016 6:23 PM