none
Concurrency Runtime in VS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to use multi-core support using Microsoft's concurrency run time and I am using Visual Studio 2010 in Windows XP with Service Pack 3.

Even though the sample programs I have tried working fine in VS 2010, I was trying to introduce multi-core support for an existing printer driver. This driver builds fine in Visual 2010 if I have 'NOT' included the necessary header files required for Concurrency namespace (i.e ppl.h).

I am getting compiler and linker errors when I am including ppl.h with this driver. In my first observation, these errors are due to the conflict with the DDK files.

My question is: Is there any limitation so far for Concurrency Runtime to be used for driver development.

Best,

Sankaran

• Moved by Yi Feng Li Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:05 AM parallel running time issue (From:Visual C++ General)
    Friday, April 16, 2010 6:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Sankaran,

Can you please send us what compiler and linker errors you are getting?

In general Concurrency Runtime, as CRT may be used for user mode drivers, and should not be used for kernel mode

Thanks

Ameen

mameen
    • Marked as answer by Dana Groff Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:31 PM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:33 PM

All replies

• Hi psankarv,

I am moving this thread from “Visual C++ General" forum to the “Parallel Computing in C++ and Native Code” forum, since the issue is related to multi-core parallel running time. There are more experts in the “Parallel Computing in C++ and Native Code" forum.

Cheers

Yi Feng Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:04 AM
  • Hi Sankaran,

Can you please send us what compiler and linker errors you are getting?

In general Concurrency Runtime, as CRT may be used for user mode drivers, and should not be used for kernel mode

Thanks

Ameen

mameen
    • Marked as answer by Dana Groff Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:31 PM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:33 PM