C# Argument Not Proper Exception RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following function in my COM dll class

[DispId(1610809401)]

intWriteBinValues(refstringSignal, refArrayvalues, refboolWithEv);

When I am using tthis function as

mt.WriteBinValues(StateSignal, vals, value);

where StateSignal is string

vals is not of array type it is of some class type variable which is giving run time exception when I am running the code. How can I solve this exception?

value is of bool type.

Monday, June 3, 2013 3:24 AM

Answers

• Does it work if you create and pass an array like this: ‘Array vals2 = new Array()’ and call like this: ‘mt.WriteBinValues(ref StateSignal, ref vals2, ref value)’? What is vals?

Monday, June 3, 2013 6:00 AM
  • Not all string classes are the same.  If the dll was written in a generic c language (not c++ or C#) then you wil have a problem.  Try making the string a null terminate array.

int WriteBinValues(ref char[] Signal, ref Array values, ref bool WithEv);
                string test = "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog";
                char[] Signal = (test + "\0").ToCharArray();

jdweng

Monday, June 3, 2013 7:46 AM

All replies

• Does it work if you create and pass an array like this: ‘Array vals2 = new Array()’ and call like this: ‘mt.WriteBinValues(ref StateSignal, ref vals2, ref value)’? What is vals?

Monday, June 3, 2013 6:00 AM
  • Not all string classes are the same.  If the dll was written in a generic c language (not c++ or C#) then you wil have a problem.  Try making the string a null terminate array.

int WriteBinValues(ref char[] Signal, ref Array values, ref bool WithEv);
                string test = "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog";
                char[] Signal = (test + "\0").ToCharArray();

jdweng

Monday, June 3, 2013 7:46 AM