Virtual COM Port RRS feed

• Question

• I am experimenting with the Virtual COM port sample UMDF driver. It works fine, however the 

OnWrite() is called only when there are bytes for read available.

I want it to be called continuously so I can send data to the COM port without having to wait for input first.

Any clues?

Michael

Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:35 AM

Answers

• this is all controlled by the application. The driver just services the Io requests as they arrive. The app nerds updating. The driver itself can read from the device anytime it wants by creating its own Io request and sending it down the stack

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 29, 2014 4:00 PM

All replies

• this is all controlled by the application. The driver just services the Io requests as they arrive. The app nerds updating. The driver itself can read from the device anytime it wants by creating its own Io request and sending it down the stack

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 29, 2014 4:00 PM
  • Hello,

I'm working to Virtual COM port sample of UMDF too.

I'm able to compile/debug example. I have problem on Tera Term program Virtual COM port connection.

Have you tried your example with Tera Term (or other) serial monitor program?

Whick serial terminal program are you using for testing?

Thank you

Davide Ferrario

Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:57 AM