Back button is not available in report server or manager to navigate between drill though reports. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am wondering that I am not able to see  back button in report server or manager to go back on parent report, in case of drill though reports. Whereas this facility is available in SQL SERVER Data Tools, Development environment.

And if I am using the normal back button then the parent report get reloaded with correct parameter but the in the parameter area, all parameters gets refreshed as per their default values.

I am using SQL SERVER 2012 Standard Edition 64Bit.

Am I missing something or Is there any setting.

Sql Server Data Tools.

Report Server or Manager

Thanks in advance 

Shivendra

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Shivendra,

Per my understanding that you have add both the parameter in the main report and the child report, when you click the back button on the browser to back to the parent report, the paramerter always change to the default value due to the reload of the report, right?

By default, we will not see the "back button" which exits in the designer but not in the report manager and report server, I have tested on my local environment and can't reproduce the issue, In my side, the parameter in the main report will not refresh to default values.

In your scenario, I suggest you to add an "Go Back" button outside the tablix in the report and add the "Go to URL" action using the code "javascript:history.back(1)" which will help you go back to the parent report.

Details information about how to add this "GO back" button in article below for your reference:
    create back button on preview page
    Adding a Back Button to a SSRS Drill through Report.

If your problem still exists, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Vicky Liu

Vicky Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by BI_Support Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vicky_Liu Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:18 AM
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Shivendra,

Per my understanding that you have add both the parameter in the main report and the child report, when you click the back button on the browser to back to the parent report, the paramerter always change to the default value due to the reload of the report, right?

By default, we will not see the "back button" which exits in the designer but not in the report manager and report server, I have tested on my local environment and can't reproduce the issue, In my side, the parameter in the main report will not refresh to default values.

In your scenario, I suggest you to add an "Go Back" button outside the tablix in the report and add the "Go to URL" action using the code "javascript:history.back(1)" which will help you go back to the parent report.

Details information about how to add this "GO back" button in article below for your reference:
    create back button on preview page
    Adding a Back Button to a SSRS Drill through Report.

If your problem still exists, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Vicky Liu

Vicky Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by BI_Support Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vicky_Liu Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:18 AM
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 2:36 AM
  • Hi Vicky,

Thanks for reply, I have already applied the back button creation. But I was seeking for the button appears in browser.

Thanks

Shivendra

Shivendra

Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:30 AM