SQLite in windows 8.1

Question

• Hi guys,

I've been working in my app for about a year I'm using SQLite to manage the data offline and azure to share some information online. When I was done with the app I used the "windows cert app kit" to check that my app was ok, but  the report says that I'm using illegal API. The API's are references to SQLite. I've tried everything to make it work, but nothing works. I tried all the references in the nudget package and the only one that works it's the one that makes the illegal API calls.

I hope you guys have something that works because it's so frustrated!  

Thanks

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• SQLite does work in general for Windows Store apps.

See SQLite for a rundown of how to install and access the right version.

If you're still having problems then there may be something unusual in your environment. We'll need more information about the specific package you're using and the specific error that you're getting.

For offline sync with Azure Mobile Services take a look at http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/mobile-services-windows-phone-get-started-offline-data/ .

--Rob

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 11:10 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for your help. It worked!! My app is in the store now.

I was doing it the wrong way. Instead of use the visual studio gallery to add the reference to SQLite I was using the nudget package to add the reference.

Thank you again. 

Saturday, August 30, 2014 6:28 PM