none
[UWP]Peer to Peer connection to sharing the file.

Question

• Hi

My Requirement-

I need to get a list of all devices which are in my same network. Then send request to each active device to get a video file. Which device have same video file, will respond to my device. I will received the respond of devices into my app. Then ask to anyone device to get that video file, then this device will share video file into my device.

Need to make peer to peer connection through any protocol to request and respond.  

sandeep chauhan

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Your requirement is a little bit strange. I suggest that you could try to use UDP socket that could broadcast send. In other devices, when the request is received, response with the information about the video. 

There is an official sample about UDP socket here:DatagramSocket. You could refer this sample and try to use it.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:47 AM