none
Kinect display only showing white noise. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to use my old Xbox 360 Kinect as a webcam with Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Skype and/or Manycam but cannot seem to get it to function correctly. I can get the Microphone audio to work fine but all <g class="gr_ gr_56 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="56" id="56">i</g> can see in the likes of Manycam or skype is white noise. 

Windows is <g class="gr_ gr_52 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="52" id="52">completely</g> <g class="gr_ gr_41 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="41" id="41">upto</g> date I have the latest Kinect SDK, Kinectcam.ax files installed and in the proper place and have also enabled the <g class="gr_ gr_42 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="42" id="42">Kinectcam</g>.ax file via CMD window and DOS command applicable. 

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the video codex but still cannot resolve the issue, Skype and <g class="gr_ gr_43 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="43" id="43">Manycan</g> being updated to the latest version, same with the other <g class="gr_ gr_49 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="49" id="49">applicable</g> software. 

Think <g class="gr_ gr_47 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="47" id="47">i</g> need to find some other software that can see the thing as Skype won't even let me select any Kinect option as the video source yet is fine to let me select "Kinect USB audio" as an audio source. 

Wondering if it might be a Windows 10 issue on your end? 

• Edited by andy06shake Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:37 PM Spelling
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:35 PM