none
About accessing remote server storage device through Kernel mode TDI or kernel mode Windows Socket RRS feed

• Question

• Respected Sir,

I am trying to connect to remote storage device, But i am still finding myself totally helpless in connecting to remote storage device. Although I know that , one can connect to IP through first, calling TdiBuildConnect and then IoCallDriver. But i want to know asto how can i retrieve the File_Object and DeviceObject and DriverObject of the connecting IP Server's Storage device,  through IoGetDeviceObjectPointer?

Sunday, September 23, 2012 6:25 AM

Answers

• you don't. these concepts are for local file objects, not for a network connection across the wire.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:40 PM

All replies

• you don't. these concepts are for local file objects, not for a network connection across the wire.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:40 PM
  • Respected Sir,

Very much thanks for resolving the problem but i would furthermore like to know asto what should be my approach in context to network wide connections across the wire in this context?

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:46 PM
  • Respected Sir,

Very much thanks for resolving the problem but i would furthermore like to know asto what should be my approach in context to network wide connections across the wire in this context?

Monday, October 1, 2012 8:59 AM